cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering in RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

In RFC Sender Adapter , this sender does the job of triggering.So when the RFC resides at the sender R3 end, the data is pushed to XI using RFC destinations.

Can you send me what program we need to write to trigger in a step by step procedure and where to write.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this blogs , it will help you.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any feedback appreciated guys

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

To trigger the RFC as sender you need to use the FM in ABAP coding (Any Report or other FM) with below syntax. Plesae go through the e.g.

Here the IN BACKGROUND TASK DESTINATION '' and last statement commit work. is important.

This ZRFC_READ_TABLE_EOFM function should be called with DESTINATION as the TCP/IP RFC destination created for registering the program ID in SM59 transaction.

DO NOT forget to execute ‘COMMIT WORK’ after executing the RFC !!!!!!!!

CALL FUNCTION 'ZRFC_READ_TABLE_EOFM' IN BACKGROUND TASK DESTINATION

'NWDCLNT100'

TABLES

i_data = i_data

i_options = i_options

i_fields = i_fields

i_table_name = i_table_name

EXCEPTIONS

COMMUNICATION_FAILURE = 1

SYSTEM_FAILURE = 2

OTHERS = 3

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

• MESSAGE ID SY-MSGID TYPE SY-MSGTY NUMBER SY-MSGNO

• WITH SY-MSGV1 SY-MSGV2 SY-MSGV3 SY-MSGV4.

ENDIF.

commit work.

Go through below link for step by step usage of ABAP program (leave the unwanted part from this blog, just lok for the ABAP program)

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2006/12/28/send-rfc-to-sap-xi-150-asynchronous

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Jan 30, 2008 6:13 PM