cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue management in projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We are planning to use "Issue Management" functionality for our ECC 6.0 rollout planned for 8 months. For using this feature,

Do I have to configure the complete Service Desk functionality?

Our PMO thinks it is an overkill as the entire project implementation duration is only 8 months.

Has any one had experience with using issue management during implementation phase. How do we use this.

Appreciate any inputs.

Thanks.

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Mani

If you really just require a simple tool for dealing with Issues that arise during an implementation project, the "Issue Management" tool in Solution Manager will be sufficient for you - and does not require much set-up effort at all.

You can reach Issue Management either thru Transaction SOLMAN_ISSUE_MGMT or thru Transaction SOLUTION_MANAGER -> [pick a Solution] -> Operations -> Issue Management.

It is best you try it out, or read up on it, and then make a decision on whether it is sufficient for you. Other than that you can go for "Incident Management" in Solution Manager, better known as the Solution Manager "Service Desk", which offers a highly customizable, more complex functionality that does require more effort in its set-up than Issue Management.

Does this help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Sorry - at the moment, I dont have a direct answer to you.

Hi Peter,

I am also keen to use SM 4.0 to manage only Project level issues (from SOLAR01, SOLAR02 and Test Management errors being reported as Messages).

Without seeking a full-blown Service Desk set-up, is it possible to have a lean implementation of only these Message Types ? What are the basic steps to carry out Config relating to this.

When I went into SPRO, under Service Desk area, I could not find Message Type meant for 'Issues'.

Am I supposed to go to the following section and activate Issue Management:

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Scenario Specific Settings -> Issue Management

Any reply would perhaps help both me and Mani.

Regards,

Srini

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan

Yes, set up Issue Management using

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Scenario Specific Settings -> Issue Management

There really is not much work involved.

Once you are done, work with TA SOLMAN_ISSUE_MGMT to see whether the functionality offered is sufficient for you.

If you have problems / questions / suggestions open an OSS ticket under comp SV-SMG-OP. I am not a regular in this forum, but OSS tickets reach us usually quickly.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your kind reply.

When I tried using the transaction SOLMAN_ISSUE_MGMT, I got an error message "Error in configuration of SAP logon tickets".

I guess I'd have to request BASIS team to follow SAP Note 612670 and then revisit this functionality again.

Best regards,

Srini

0 Kudos

The long text of the error message should actually tell you what you need to do. I think you have to set two profile parameters differentlty (not sure whether you can do this online, or only offline).

Also, of course do not forget to activate the relevenat Services in SICF. Again, IMG (SPRO) will tell you how to do that.

Answers (0)