cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bid Invitation Approval Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having issues implementing SRM standard bid invitation workflow approval becos of the absence of a web transaction acknowledged by SAP.

Our implementation requires this functionality, could anyone assist us with a work around, or an alternative solution that can be adopted or customized by us.

Thanks

SRM Team Brazil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate the problem in details?

Where exactly you are facing problem in Standard Bid

Invitation. We had Implemented SRM 4.0 .

Which version of SRM you are implementing?

Looking forward your response.

Regards

Sachin S M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your reply. We are using SRM 4.0 EBP 5.0. and we are implementing a standalone solution with a requirement for a four-step bid invitation approval workflow for all bid invitation.

This bid invitation is also required to carry along with it an attachment(basically an MS Doc), whose size is not to be duplicated within the system, for approval.

Guess this explains our scenario properly.

Thanks

former_member191111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Kindly tell me about your concern about <b>absence of

a web transaction acknowledged by SAP</b> .Is it

problem related to approving problem .Is there any

functionality missing in EBP 5.0 .

And one more thing otaro, no of steps in Approval is

not any problem .I hope you had also tested without

attacment also ...

Bcs EBP 4.0 we are running BID Invitation approval

perfectly at our end ..Kindly tell me where exactly

you are facing problem .

Looking forward your response..

Regards

Sachin S M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin

Thanks for your response.The bid invitation approval task at our end <u><b>ts79007918</b></u> lacks <b><u>a web trabsaction number</u></b> and as a result cannot be tested.without this it is impossible for the approver to receive the work item in his in box.

It is really interestig to discover that you are running this in an older version of the same application. We will be grateful if you can help us with valuable insight into how you were able to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin

I will appreciate if you can also give me a step by step guide in setting up a one step bid invitation approval workflow.

former_member191111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi otrao,

Kindly refer SRM Sourcing Config Guide there is the setting for BID Invitation workflow.We had followed that ...Actually I have the config gide for SRM 4.0 there is not available details for ts79007918 ...

Regards

Sachin S M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I work along with Otaro and Edo. You said: "Bcs EBP 4.0 we are running BID Invitation approval perfectly at our end ."

The workflow described in SS Conf Guide is about approval of Submitted Bids (WS79000010 and WS79000002). This workflow we implement with no issues, including multiple approvals and attachments.

Our issue occurs when we try to approve the CREATION of a bid invitation by the purchaser. We could not assign a workflow to it because, as said by Otaro the TS79007918 lacks a web transaction number.

Can you confirm us that you are approving the CREATION of a bid invitation?

Regards,

Daniel Mazini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi daniel,

could you gimme the link to Sourcing configuration guide for setting up approvals for Submitted Bids. (Vendor bids) and having some problems..

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

As standard, as of SRM40, there is no approval workflow while creating Bid Invitation. Because of this We gave up on this. You can definitely custom on your own. Our need was similar SC BADI workflow. SRM50 has.

We did implement worklfows for "Approval of Submitted Bids"

Can you try with same web transaction assigned to task for "Approval of Submitted Bids" i.e., BBP_QUOT_EXTWF to this TS79007918 and try. Web Transaction is nothing but a Web service attached backend transaction, right. Your case web transaction BBP_QUOT_EXTWF is pointing to Source BBP_BID_INV, Try your luck having done so much and let me know.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I have almost the same problem with BId invitation workflow. Am implementing SRM 5.0. But my problem is i've activated WS14500026 (Automatic apprpoval of Bid Invitation) in PFTC. But in SWB_COND i can't see the relevant starting condition to activate, therefore my Bid invitation creation is incomplete due to approval missing.

Thanks,

Maggie