cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII v12 Sample Project in SDN Downloads

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded and installed the xMII v12 Sample Project from SDN. Hoping to use it to gain a better understanding of the workbench.

I followed the instructions provided and was able to successfully import the project, and setup the required datasources. However I began getting errors such as 'Template not found'. After some digging I was able to figure out the problem.

The project installs as 'Sample', with all files deployed under the 'Sample' root. Unfortunately when the root is referenced within the htm, irpt etc... files it is spelled out as 'Samples' causing the template not found errors.

Here's some html from OrdersSPC.htm, notice VALUE="Samples/SPC/Ord..."

<APPLET NAME="SPCChart" CODEBASE="/XMII/Classes" CODE="iSPCChart" ARCHIVE="illum8.zip" WIDTH="760" HEIGHT="460" MAYSCRIPT>
<PARAM NAME="QueryTemplate" VALUE="Samples/SPC/OrdersSPCQuery">
<PARAM NAME="DisplayTemplate" VALUE="Samples/SPC/OrdersSPCChart">
</APPLET>

Although changing all the 'Samples' to 'Sample' did give me some time to better understand the workbench, it just made me wish for a global find and replace function.

Is there something I'm missing? Would there have been a better way to fix this?

So the intent of my post is to bring this to someones attention so it can be fixed, and provide a resolution to anyone having the same difficulty.

Regards,

Rod Hoffman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Rod,

If you are a customer/partner you can enter the feature request in CSS, then it will be officially reviewed/considered by our Solution Management team here at SAP.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

I assume you are referring to my want of a global find and replace feature. I'll hold back on submitting a feature request until I have a better feel for the workbench, our v12 deployment project which is also our initial xMII deployment globally, just started (although I do have a box running 11.5 for some prototyping). Over the next several months I'll compile a list of handy do-dad suggestions and submit at that time.

The main point of my post was to bring to light that the sample project, out of the box, installed as instructed will fail.

Regards,

Rod Hoffman

0 Kudos

Rod,

What is the URL to it and who was the author? Thanks.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the URL

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/manufacturing-tools]

Select xMII 12.0 Sample Projects and Tools, under that I had difficulty with the sample project specfically. I don't see an author, it just states "SAP Evaluation Software".

Here is the full URL for the specific download.

[v12 Sample Project|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/c0f4027d-b180-2a10-8daf-e0a78c7a9735 [original link is broken]]

Rod

0 Kudos

Rod,

I'll see what I can find out and get the project fixed...thanks for pointing that out.

Sam