cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP R/3 with SQL Server 2005..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Microsoft is about to release "SQL 2005" in Nov05. Has anybody in here thought of installing/upgrading SAP on MS-SQL's latest version of the database server. On doing some research on the net I noticed that Microsoft has already upgraded their SAP R/3 environment to the beta edition of SQL Server 2005. I did not find any information on SAP having certified SQL Server 2005 yet.

Do we have to wait till ECC6.0 or whatever the new version of ECC would be to leverage the SQL Server 2005 D/b ?

Any thoughts/information on the readiness of SQL Server 2005 for SAP R/3 would be appreciated.

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cedillof
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, im looking forward to installing a SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.7 (Kernel 620) Production System using sql server 2005 - win server 2003 sp1, and updgrading Devolpment and Quality system from sql server 2000-sp4 to sql server 2005.

Can anyone help me with info of how to achieve this tasks..

Thanks,

Franklin

franklin_cedillo@hotmail.com

jpolus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Past experience says SAP won't support a new platform (e.g. DB, OS, etc) until they have had a chance to test it. Your official SAP document for what is supported is in the Product Availability Matrix. http://service.sap.com/pam

With that said, that doesn't mean that you can't try it out. Of course not in a test environment. You get some very good learning experiences from trying. But don't enter a customer message about a non supported platform.

Good luck,

John