cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 51 when posting IDOC to SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are changing our EDI translator which had a SAP extension automatically process the IDocs into SAP using ALE process.

I'm testing the new procedure scheduling a job to run RSEINB00.

The error I'm getting is (51 enter a numeric value) when posting an order in SD.

IDocs are created with the follow status.

50 - IDoc added

64 - IDoc ready to be transferred to application

62 - Direct call started

51 - enter a numeric value.

On the partner profile is set-up as Message type ORDERS process code ORDE and processing by function module is set to trigger immediately.

Is there something I'm missing?

I can get around this by reprocess the IDocs using BD87 ‘Process Inbound IDocs' the orders are created.

This would be a manual process and something I do not want to do.

Please Help

Joan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandu,

I have found my problem. I had to change the Partner Profile to trigger by background program and run the following program RBDAPP01.

Thanks for your help

Joan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandu,

Thanks it worked I process the IDOC in foreground.

There were warning messages that display for each material on a pricing condition. The warnings were ZERO pricing conditions has been changed.

How can I avoid these warnings?

I want the IDOC to process right through.

Yes I am in the US Ohio # 330 684 3916

Joan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joan - good that you were able to get this process in foreground - unless I have a look at the actual error,

I may not be able to assist -

If you can reprocess 1 more idoc and get the screen shots when the messges come and forward it, I will try to see if I can assist you further.

My contcat number is 408 821 2381 (California) - feel free to contcat me if you have issues

cheers

Nandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandu,

I do not have a checkbox at the bottom of BD87 screen. The SAP version we are using is 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joan

1) Enter BD87 and get the BD*& screen

2) Execute BD87

2) Point to the IDOC Number

3) Go to EDIT-Restrict & Process

In the New Screen - in the bottom you will see the Check box for Background processing

remove the check box

Note: if you are in the US, I can assist you through phone if you still have any issues

cheers

Nandu

0 Kudos

Hi,

I got some error idocs for MM posting. am unbile to find the check box in BD87 to run foreground.

am using ECC 6.0.Kindly send me the step by step screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandu,

I'm not sure how to run BD87 in foreground mode. I did run BD87 using the debug mode.

The error is No batch input data for screen && - SAPM55430121 - Message no. 00344 and the diagnosis were:

The transaction sent a screen that was not expected in the batch input session and which therefore could not be supplied with data. The transaction behaves differently in background processing in a batch work process than when running in dialog (SY-BATCH is queried and changes the screen sequence).

I ran the same idoc using BD87 without the debug and it was posted.

I do not want to use transaction BD87 when we go live.

Is there a config that I needs to set up?

Is there something in the control record I'm missing?

Joan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joan

I too have encountered such problems - which version of SAP are you using? I work on 4.0B and ECC 6 -

When you use BD87, you will note a checkbox in the bottom

IMPORT IN BACKGROUND - uncheck this and execute - the IDOC will now get processed in foreground and you will be able to view screen by screen - this is how I manage to identify errors when i get the same issue as pointed out by you.

regards

Nandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joan

Process the failed IDOC using BD87 in Foreground mode - this will go thru field by field entry and you can identify the error field for correcting for future IDOCs

cheers

Nandu