cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate units of measure and conversion factors

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have multiple products that we sell in alternate units of measures and we have it set up in the additional data in the material master as follows:

1 EA is the base unit

1 CS = 24 EA

The problem is when using the case quantity in an order it does not recognize the the CS in the pricing conditions. The condition records does not recognize the conversion factor. Isn't the conversion factor the alternate unit of measure? Also I cannot set the sales units as cases because we only have one customer that buys in case quantity.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you sell the alternate UOM to only certain customers I guess you could have a Customer Material Price in that unit, all others would just grab the Material Price, that would take of the rounding / conversion problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created one, a little different. MM01, Sales View : Sales Unit I set to CV=Case. With a conversion factor 24ea=1CV.

Now when I create a Sales Order it defaults unit CV, which you don't want, so..... MM02 and remove the sales Unit.

Now in the sales order you can change the unit of measure to CV.

VK11 create price record $10.00 for the material in CV. And it prices correctly in the order as unit CV. But when you enter an order for EA, it will convert (ala divide by 24 or whatever your case is) and you will most likely get rounding errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

If convesion rule is maintained then you create the condition record. it should accept the conversion rule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You said the system should accept the conversion rule when the condition is set. You do mean when the condition is set for eachs it should pull from the alternative unit of measure the numerator and demonator? When I click on the conversion factor icon in the pricing conditions it says it has not been set but the alternative unit of measure has been set in MM. Is there a way on the SD side to set it?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks you have created condition record in VK11 on material basis.

Can you condition type allow to create pricing record for customer/material combinations?

We have the same scenario, where a customer buys in no of bottles. And our base unit of measure is EA. We have defined 1 EA = 4 bottles in material master UOM conversion table.

We have created pricing condition record for this customer + material combination in $ per 4 bottles.

When the users enter the quantity in terms of bottle or in EA in the sales it is pulling the correct sales price.

May be you also need to check (at SPRO -> Sales and distribution -> basic data -> pricing -> Pricing control -> Define condition type -> Maintain condition types) your condition type for the field Qty relation is checked.

Can you check again with the above details?

Regards,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create the pricing condition record in cases for the customer in VK11.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I set a new condition record for cases it will only pull the the case price even if the order is for eachs. And when I do an order for 1 case it multiples the the case price see example below:

Standard unit of measure 1 Ea PR00 = 59.12

Alternative Unit of Measure 24 Ea = 1 CS so case price is 1418.88

After setting up a condition record for case the order looked like this

1 case = 34,053.12 which is wrong.

The numerator and demonator is showing in the document's condition records but it does not recognize them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

material master, units of measure:

1 EA = 1EA (base unit)

1 CS = 24 EA (alternative)

in sales org data make sure you have EA as base unit of measure

run VK11 and create condition rec for your material :

1418.88 USD per 1 CS

create new sales order and check the price

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Melissa.

looks like somebody entered the price as 1418.88 for EA. at least, this does to me because if you multiply 1418.88 by 24 you get 34,053.12. please look again at your material master, and focus on

1. alternate units of measure

2. sales org1 view, and click on "conditions"

also, look at all price condition records for that material. there can be existing prices for both case and each, both of them possibly having the unit price of 1418.88.

regards.