cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto model 56

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does auto model 56 generate its own selections? once i runt he forecast where can I see the selections automatically created by model 56?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj.

To be specific, it is not the profile that generates the selection.

You can set the activity that runs forecasting in the background to create profiles and assign them to generated selections. (Setting = "Generate profile and assign it")

The selections that are generated during the background job run will depend upon how you set up the job in terms of data selection and aggregation level.

Be careful however, as these selections are not the same as selections that you create in a planning book.

After running the background job you can see the generated selections and the assigned forecast profiles in /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2

Hope this helps,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Percx,

Thanks for the reply. If the selections generated are not the selections that you can make in SDP94, then what are they? Can I setup my selections in SDP94 based on these selections generated? What is really the use of the selections generated?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj.

That's a fair question and one I think that is asked many a time.

The selections are what are called planning area selections and are used in the main for assigning forecast profiles.

A selection is generated at the point you enter interactive forecasting, the selection will be generated depending upon what you had selected in the shuffler and drilled down to. This is so that forecast profiles can be assigned to specific selections if you have the suitable parameters assigned in your user profile.

The idea being that a statistical forecaster will work on a specific set of data (quite often within a planning book selection) creating the best forecast. When he/she is satisfied the adjusted forecast profile is then saved using an internally generated id and assigned to the generated selection.

This in effect saves the forecast parameters for that detailed selection so that when the next round of background forecasting jobs run it will use the assigned forecast profile rather than a generic one.

It is recommended by SAP that strategy 56 will not consistently give the best results and should be used as a starting point.

The parameter that automatically generates profiles and assigns selections is /SAPAPO/FCST_GUIDS.

There are quite a few Consulting notes in OSS, key one being:

Note 388216 - Collective note consulting forecast

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/388216

Hope this helps.

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Percx,

Thanks for the explanation. I understand the concept now. The selections APO generates when an activity is setup are only for the system to divide and find the best model for each combination. I think we can use these selections and group them together to find out our optimum number of selection ids in planning book.

Answers (0)