cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Extractors vs CIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am quite familiar with the utilization of the CIF. Where my knowledge is lacking is the use of Extractors. I.E. files can be loaded via a source system either by flatfile, ECC, and or straight from BI. They do not want to load straight from BI as they have found they are not getting the data they want when they want it. It seems the project I am on is utilizing extractors from R/3 to populate their IC.

It has been my experience to utilize the CIF to transfer data to APO or to utilize flatfile loading. Is there a right way or wrong way to get the data from R/3 ECC 6.0 to SCM 5.0? Of course if you want to do actual bottleneck planing in DP then minimally one needs to send the Location and the Product to APO and have the appropreate MRP type set.

Thoughts from anyone,

Geoff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It dpends on your Business requirement.

If you want real time integration with the APO & R/3 then always select CIF.

If it is not that much urgent to see the real time data then use extractor so in the periodic background run your system will get synchronized.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Geoff,

How will you want to load the CVCs/data into your DP ?

CIF only useful if you have SNP or PPDS.

But for DP, you have to use IC or Flatfiles.

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goeff,

Anjali is right. It depends on the business requirement. If you need to just transfer the data and need not need to store the information any where and donot need to do any intermittent analysis or changes, CIF is your best bet. But in case you want some transformation in the data or want to store the data in a location and compare with the forecast results, use BW.