cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS related activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in MSS 1.0 SP8. There is an iView named "Related Activities" under MSS --> Team --> Employee Information that works along with the Employee Search iView. Now we also want to have a different copy of this iView under HR Administrator role. I have copied this iView under a different folder and tried to create some link under this iView by configuring the links in the backend but it doesn't work. Also, in help portal of SAP

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/29/d7844205625551e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

it says that there is some way to include this iView in a different page. But the method of how to do it has not been explained. Can someone please provide me the details of how to achieve this.

Will reward points for valuable inputs.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All of yours related activities belong to FPM customization: short how-to might be picked up from [Creating a Customer-Specific Query iView|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/20/e091d641c845e6b786b985fc2d10ce/frameset.htm] but with avoidance of creation steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply, at least in an area where there are very few people who have some knowledge.

The link you have provided contains similar documentation for which I have provided the link.

Can you please help me understand how it is achieved, the question of this thread?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right it looks like a strictly prohibited knowledge Only usage of documentation as the base and personal conclusions would lead to the right direction. In common way the most important thing is the FPM (Views and Applications) documentation as it describes the concepts of MSS/ESS development units. In your case please draw attention to Context Assistance Pattern. And it results from this that even if your iView presenting in the page related to one of the MSS/ESS pages without any understanding of a data to interract with because all (all related by implication) the iViews within ESS/MSS applications are running in the same application context (like a standalone Dynpro application as a comparison). So the next things will be more informative than the previous lecture

- First of all ensure that you have Self-Service Administrator and Content Administrator roles on the portal.

- So you are log on your portal and the next thing is navigate via directory tree to find srvconfig folder under the content provided by SAP (in the Self-Service Administrator tab but NOT in the Content Administrator tab).

- There are ess, mss, etc you can see in this folder. Chose an appropriate and open via context menu.

- The next find FPM View that you want add or create new and add (generic iview for query displaying as example) and add it to perspective (find out this therm also in the documentation) via context menu too (there will be proper menu item). Make all the changes to id of this added view and save it.

- The next open the content provided by SAP in Content Administrator tab. Navigate to your self services folder (as example content for line manager, then mss folder) and create your iview under the iviews for hcm or finance and etc (there will be the appropriate folders) from Web Dynpro Java application (select creation of one iview from each application view).

- Find in the deployed content by the technical name (see the documentation). As example all of the MSS starts with mss~eepro. Choose the application is modified in the beginning.

- The next as usually Mark views (in this case these are FPM views) to create a portal iview based on them. Fill the properties of newly ceated iview (id, name, prefix as you wish) and save it.

That's all

But the steps above are considered for the usage of existing ESS/MSS views and even not for all of them but no extra coding is needed. The other modifications (adding features or developing fully new applications) of existing FPM components require NWDI and Web Dynpro java skills.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is Self-Service Administrator role? I don't find any such role...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone please reply to my question.

Regards