Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver system audit trail etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Netweaver Experts,

I just like to find out from the panel of experts here,

is it possible for the following:

current system: installed and used as sandbox and has the latest tested development objects.

to-be system : to use the same as production.

question : the current system is used as sandbox already and this means there are user data existing. Is it technically possible to turn this into a 'brand new' production system? Specifically, I am trying to find out how to convert this into a 'new' production system such that from a system (audit, logging) perspective, this sandbox is as good as a freshly installed one? If there are some SAP tables logging in the background, how can this be deleted completely? customer data can all be deleted and re-inputed or migrated. I am not sure if SAP supports this idea of dropping all its audit or table logging or system tracking or application logging tables. In summary, is it possible to keep the developed objects in the system and yet appear as a newly installed system where no one has inputed any data nor used it before?

If you have done something similar before, please advise. Would really appreciate some advise. Thanks!!

regards

Cran

Edited by: Cranberry CranCran on Jan 29, 2008 4:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cran,

Nobody will advise you to make your sandbox as production system. Even SAP will not recommend it.

But still if you want to do so I think you can make a client copy of your existing client to the new client with the option you want like “SAP_CUSV Customizing and User Variants” or “SAP_UCSV Customizing, User Master Records and User Variants”.

Still it is not advisable.

Best Wishes

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me clarify...

There is no sandbox.

That was actually the acceptance test machine .

Has anyone gone 'live' using the same acceptance test machine without having to create or transport to another new box for production go-'live'?

also, i like to clarify that by 'acceptance test' I mean dedicated box that is meant to be used as the production system and NOT the QAS system.

This means DEV->QAS->acceptance test system and then this is acceptance test box becomes the production box after acceptance test passed. Thus , my question is about why need to restore and re-transport from QAS to the new production system?

that is why I asked can i clean up the acceptance test system such that i clear all customer data and leave all development efforts intact and then bring in the actual production data for go-'live'?

Please let me know if further clarification is required.

thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cran,

Yeah it is definitely possible. However deletion of data would be a tedious activity I would say so.

Best bet is you export you clients with SAP_UCUSV profile (User master,customising and variants), delete the exported clients and then reimport the export. This way your repository as well customizing remains unaffected and all the data logs and data gets deleted.

Well not the SAP recommended way but no issues is your case.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Seems like no taker for my question ?

Allow me to clarify my question.

Is it possible to stop and remove all logging in a netweaver system to the effect of looking like a new installed system from a system audit perspective?

The 'sandbox' is actually a production system under acceptance testing. So, sorry for the confusion about the sandbox which it is not.

thanks!

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi CCC...

Why don't you install a fresh system as production and leave your "sandbox" as a development environment. Then transport all your developments / customizing from DEV to your PRD box.

Thats sound much better than just trying to switch your current environment from been a testing/sandbox to productive.

Thats my 2 cents.

Regards

Juan