cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with updating the DB using sender JDBC Channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wil explain one scenario where i had given one user only the read access but not the write access.

I mean he can only select the data but not update or insert the data.

I am using such a type of user in my scenario of JDBC to RFC scenario.

Here i am selecting some data and updating that data using some queries.But as per the user he is not able to update the data.so the database is unable to update the data. But stilll the data is processed properly without any problem or atleast one alert regarding the updation of the data base.

Can any one help in solving this issue?

Thanks,

Soorya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the mentioned USER is used in the Adapter it has to throw error in Adapter montoring as No Authorization to Update the records.. What is the Database ? Did you changed the Previlage to the user recently....

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using ORACLE as my DB. But i a want to test if a user who has only read permissions is used in our scenario.

So plz help me.

Thanks Soorya

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>But as per the user he is not able to update the data

well if the user doesn't has update permission how will he be able to update the data,definitely he can select the data but since he won't be able to update it,the database will become inconsistent.

sorry i m unable to get whats the issue you are facing

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In this scenario the expected behaviour is that when the

sender adapter is not able to update the database then the scenario

should terminate & send the alert message as configured.

But the observed behaviour was that without updating the database the

process has gone ahead & invoked the Receiver RFC adapter& posted

the records in some system

SQL database user is used to select & update the database table. It had

only select permission.

THAnks,

Soorya

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats absolutely right. XI is doing what all it can do. Since it was able to get the data, it got it and sent it to adapter engine through the channel. After that it tried to update the DB. But alas, it did not have permissions so triggered an alert. But since the data is already send to AE and subsequently to IE and then to the destination..

So XI is all good. Only problem would be, since it was not able to update the sent records in DB, XI would end up getting the same records over and over..!!

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to know why it is happening that without getting the response from the DB that the data is updated how the XI adapter is sending the data to the destinition.

How to resolve the problem with out getting the exception like,

The JDBC driver returned the following error message: 'java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]

UPDATE permission denied on object 'AD_phone',

database 'Personal', owner 'dbo'.'.

For details, contact your database

server vendor. "

Can you please anyone revert it back ASAP.

Thanks,

Soorya