cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP Macros in Process Chains

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may be a very simplistic question but I am going to ask it anyway. I have a process chain that performst the following steps:

1. Extract PO data from R/3 into infocube

2. Generated CVCs based on this infocube

3. Load data from this infocube into planning area

4. Run macros in planning area (data view)

My issue is this...if step 1 actually loads new data, then the process chain runs as expected and all steps recieve "green" status. But, if no new data was loaded, then the data in the data view will not change and the macro run will received "data not saved" errors and the step receives "red" status. Is there any way to avoid this message and have the macro step turn green even if the data has not changed?

BTW, I am having users look at the outcome of this process chain to determine whether a competency center call is needed (i.e. if they see any "red" steps, call the CC).

Any input appreciated.

Sean

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Well, first of all you don't need to find a way to get the green status into log for every CVC since it is not an error.

You have two option, the easy one to talk with your customers and explaining that "Data not saved is not an error" (It is just a message to say: nothing need to be changed)

Or...

Find a way (ABAP) to detect what data is changing and what items should be considered into a selection (if it is possible to select them into a selection of interactive planning), let's suppose you have found that it is necessary to run macros only for ten products and you would be able to create a selection for these ten, then you can make another ABAP program to modify the current selection (which is used by the job)

You can check these tables: /sapapo/dp_fcst2,/sapapo/ts_selpo

You should teach your users that they should call the CC just if some process of the chain gets a cancellation.

Other option you could have is to delete results as a first step and then calculate them again in a second step of a macro job, then always new data is saved, however it would be fool to create an additional job with more time consumption only to get a happy customer.

Best regards,

Carlos Rodríguez.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was resolved with a series of OSS messages applied (in order) to our (4.1) system:

Sean