cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Archive files in sender file adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing the file-file scenario, where i need to archive the files in another directory after the file was processed.

i did with processing mode -- Archive mode but i am not getting deleted in the existing directory and no file was created in the Archive directory..

so can any one give some inputs regarding to this...

regards,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I believe you have already maintained processing mode as archive in communication channel.

Make sure that you have sufficient rights on the source directory to perform the necessary actions. If you do not have rights to delete from the directory then archive mechanism won't work on that directory. You can check this by right clicking on directory and going to security tab. Allow full control for all users initially for test purpose. Later you could assign appropriate authorizations.

Thanks,

Bhavish

Award points if comments helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bavish,

The ftp server was a remote server, i dont have any rights to check those authorizations, and at the same time i can able to delete, rename and move the files from the ftp server of the respective directory..

If i have a right to delete a file in the ftp server,then it basically gives the meaning of having a delete rights for the respective directory..

any other inputs may be useful..

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

to archive files on FTP server you need to set the Archive Files on FTP Server indicator,if you have not set that then please set it.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked with this opiton too, but i am not getting Archive....

do we need to give any Archive rights to the ftp folder.

clarify regarding this..

regards

Kishore

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

we have an option Archive as processing mode.

when u select the archive,

u need to give the Archive directory

and please check the path and authorizations.

u can select the add time stamp also for your reference.

regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"do we need to give any Archive rights to the ftp folder."

you have to give the rights to the user for appending the files in that specific directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

i am not getting u, what are those rights that should be provided to the user..

can u give clarification regarding this..

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In sender file adapter you have parameter as processing mode

select it and give archive file details as well as if required add time stamp with it.

Thanks

Swarup