cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With input disabled field search help is not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Web dynpro abap Gurus

Please help me on below requirement.

If i make a input field disable then the attach search help is not working. Is there is any way by which

I can make input field disabled and search help will also work for this field.

I really need help on this, Please help me.

Many thanks in advance.

Sandeep Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep ,

Are you making field invisible , or you want just field displayed as label ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have simply a input field . User want it should be disable( means no manual input allow) with a serch help.

It means user will only be able to get values from search help only.

Please help How i will be able to get this functionality.?

Many Thanks

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

for your type of requirement you cant use an input field with search help, input field will always allow manual input if you need to select from F4 help.

Ui That matches ur requirement id A dropdown by key or dropdown by index, which will only allow the values from the list.

If you are that perticular to use the inputfield , you have to manually write code to check the manual entry with the F4 listed values.

One more option available is you can use a check table to dislay values in F4, in this case you can restrict the manual entry by giving fixed values at domain level, but that too having limitations like maximum length of the values is aroung 12 etc..

Regards

Sarath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sandeep,

for u requirement check or tick the enabled property and readOnly property of InputField.

let me know is this solved ur problem.

Regards,

janakiram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think that a field can be disabled and allows to choose data using f4 simultaneously. you can enable the field and allow the user to select whatever he/she wants.

Then in any action like on press of save or submit button which the user will trigger after entering the values, get the value entered by the user in that perticular field and fire a query on the table/view, which you have used as selection method of your search help, it help is coming from data element then look for check table in domain. if sy-subrc comes 0 than go ahead else give error that value selected is modified.

Thanks

Vishal