cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVS Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had gone through the pdf given for OVS.

After clciking Go button in OVS screen if the data for a given input is not there in R/3 system i want to show the message from Return Structure.

Where i have to include that code means in OnQuery() or ApplyResult()

Regards

Padma N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following is the usage of the hook methods

applyInputValues(): When the OVS is requested for a field. Application context data (ovsRequestingElement) is copied to the OVS search query context (queryInputNodeElement).

onQuery(): Performs search query based on search input (queryInputNode- Element). Copies search results in helper context node (queryOutputNode).

applyResult(): User selects a single row in the search result table.Selected OVS query context (queryOutput- NodeElement) is copied to the application context

Based on this you have to put your message in onQuery.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj,

After executing the model in OnQuery() method in try catch method i wrote the code of Messages.But the problem here is how to show that mesage means

1) can i show using WdcomponentAPI.MessageManager().reportException("Message",True);

If i show like this i have to set the focus again on input fileld.

How to set the focus means how to highlight the inputfileld where the user has to enter the input again???

2)can i show using dialog box with ok button??

3)Is there any otherway to show message and Highlight the input filed by putting focus on it

Regards

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi padma nallapati ,

inputfiled.requestFocus(); for focus. after showing the message, u can do this.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

If ur problem is solved, close the thread.

regards

Sumit

Answers (0)