cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suitable example needed to understand concepts around WSDL and usage in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to create an WSDL from Interface Definition?What are all the pre-requisities for this step?

I know,how to create an interface when a WSDL is provided at the receiver side.However,not getting why we need a WSDL created for the sender side.

Explanation with example will aid me lot.

Regards,

M.Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer the guide how to work with SOAP adapter.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d23cbe11-0d01-0010-5287-873a2202...

Stoes needs to be followed.

1) You need to generate the WSDL from ID.

2) Test that WSDl using XML-SPY

3) Import that in external definition

4) USe that as data type.

WSDl is the way in which ur remote client understand and will respond to.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Please correct if I am wrong.

In case of Sender SOAP adapter,we first create data type,message type,message interface,message mapping and interfce mapping in Integration repository .

Then,we go to Integration Directory,and create business service and then create a communication channel for same.then we have to choose tools->define webservice and folow the steps mentioned in the document?

Here,why we are creating WSDL from ID and then why we are importing it again.

I feel,I am confused.

Your guidance in simple terms will be appreciated.

Regards,

M.Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raj,

"In case of Sender SOAP adapter,we first create data type,message type,message interface,message mapping and interfce mapping in Integration repository .

Then,we go to Integration Directory,and create business service and then create a communication channel for same.then we have to choose tools->define webservice "

until this it is correct....no need to import the developed wsdl into the IR.

you have to use this generated wsdl in your external application(SOAP sonar ,WebDynproApp. or XML spy ) to invoke the webservice. (SOAP<->XI<->RFC)

and .....

when your SOAP will be the receiver you have to import the wsdl of the webservice and import it into the external def.(if ithe wsdl is provided otherwise we need to create it ...not so easy.) and in this case there is no need to create data types and message types...

cheers

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sunil.

You have said:

you have to use this generated wsdl in your external application(SOAP sonar ,WebDynproApp. or XML spy ) to invoke the webservice. (SOAP<->XI<->RFC)

Why we are doing so?I am not getting the above point.Can you give an practical real scenario example for which we can use this case?

Why we need to invoke the webservices from using external webservice?By the way it would be great if you can let me know about additional tools for doing so.

However,I am clear for SOAP adapter on receiver side.

Best Regards,

M.Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Consider a SOAP to RFC synchromous senario.

First you will import the RFC's into the IR and create two synchronoous interfaces .

Create two communication channels 1. SOAP sender. & 2. RFC receiver.

Then you define a webservice using the OUTBOUND interface (Object what you developed in the IR)

Save this wsdl file.

Import it into any of the tools, from where you can trigger the webservice defined on your xi server.

we use SOAP sonar for this purpose .. not worked with any other tools.

You can import this wsdl's in WebDynpro Adobe forms for triggering the backend. This is a real time example in which the XI will act as a middleware in between the backend and fornt end.

hope its clear..

Cheers

Sunil.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohn,

You can chack this useful link:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos