cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print a Header in Visual Composer Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working with Visual Composer. I want to have a header (logo and company name) in my application, but just in the print version. I don´t want it in my screen.

Is it possible? Change the image that i want to send to a printer?

I tried with the toolbar > System Action > Print > Print Screen. but that do not filled my requirement.

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

It is possible. Let me explain step by step:

1. Create a form with your Print button (in this case use TOGGLE button instead PUSH). Set up this button to print your page. In Properties>General of your button set Default Value as False.

2. Drag a Nested iView to your board. Inside of this Nested iView set your Company logo, address etc. Position this at in your main application (on the top for example).

3. At 'Visibility Condition' of your nested call Formula and makes YOUR BUTTON==true;

4 . Deploy and adjust, if necessary, your nested.

It could be improved like when you click your button Print you change the display name to 'Screen Format' for example.

Reward points if helps you.

Regards,

Gilson Teixeira

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks you very much for your answer.

After, reviewing the requierements and due to the print option is very important. We decline to use print visual composer option.

For example, we saw that if we print a table, and this table have a scroll bar (many rows), when you print, the scroll is also print (and somw rows no).

We are thinking in call an adobe form since VC.

Again, thansk for your help.

best regards

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carlos,

I was thinking about a 'print format' solution. I haveo test an idea but you might have opportunity to do before me.

How about a complete nested as a mirror of your application. This could work if you dont have input in your table. I mean on top of your main application you could have a hidden nested with same tables and forms but with logo, address and everything. When you click print in your main table it shoul send an action to your print format nested. You do not need to show this print format to your user.

The main thing is to keep action in your main table sending same action to your print table.

Lets see.

Kind Regards,

Gilson Teixeira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

I am trying to find a ay to avoid this blank space in your application. Regarding the button one idea would be change the name of the button depending on action.

For example:

When you lauch your application, the button appear as 'Print Format' as soon as you clik on it the name change for 'Screen Format'. The user would know if what time of view is shown.

Think better, if we develop this idea more it could solve the blank space too.

To change the name in the button:

Properties>Display>Formula

Place the flowing formula: IF(@BOOL1==true,'Screen Format','Print Format')

Kind Regards,

Gilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilson

thanks you very much for your answer. It has been useful.

howeaver, i have some issues.

1) The nested iview always have an espace that can not be used for other object. So, when i started application, even thought it is false, and the logo and name do not show in the screen, i have a blank space in my application.

2) After i click on the buttom, i achieve my goal, the logo and name appear. Howeaver, if i come back to the application the logo and name appear. How can i implement the fact that the botton should be false again ?

best regards

carlos