cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel 7.0

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Iam installing solution manager 4.0 on windows 2003 with 160gb harddisk and 4gb ram on 64 bit proecessor.Which kernel 7.0 version schould i go for?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you asking about using unicode versus non-unicode?

What you might want to do is just install the kernel that comes with the install disks. Once the system is up and running, go back and install the latest kernel.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver, CO US

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Along with installation DVD's i got SAP Netweaver 2004s SR2 Kernel 7.0. But i little bit confused to go with which DVD. Schould i go for

1. Kernel 7.0 Windows Server on IA32 32 bit

Kernel 7.0 Windows Server on IA64 64 bit

Windows Server on x64 64 bit

2. Kernel 7.0 z/os 64 bit

Iam installing on windows 2003 server with 64 bit in 32 bit Microprocessor system.

Thanks for the support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this dvd u already used while installing sap solution manager, you can not upgrade kernel patch using this dvd's

for idendifying current kernel on SAP Server

login into sap system

navigate through system -> status -> (shift + F5) other kernel info.

now under kernel information find the Compilation which is yor sap system kernel

download the kernel according to Compilation from service.sap.com/swdc

regards,

kaushal

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

I did not install sol manager till now. Iam going to do that.

I just needed which Kernel 7.0 i schould go for as at the time of installation it will ask for the kernel 7.0

1. Kernel 7.0 Windows Server on IA32 32 bit

Kernel 7.0 Windows Server on IA64 64 bit

Windows Server on x64 64 bit

2. Kernel 7.0 z/os 64 bit

Iam installing on windows 2003 server with 64 bit in 32 bit Microprocessor system.

Thanks for your patience

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

open system information on windows from following

start -> programs -> accessories -> system tools -> system information

identify you OS and CPU

if you use windows 32 bit operating system

use folloiwng

Kernel 7.0 Windows Server on IA32 32 bit unicode kernel

if you use windows 64 bit operating system

use

Kernel 7.0 Windows Server on IA64 64 bit unicode kernel

regards,

kaushal

Edited by: kaushal malavia on Jan 30, 2008 12:58 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is also Windows X86_64 (which is a Intel or Opteron based 64bit architecture) and NOT Itanium.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

IA64 and IA32 are referring to "Intel Architecture" 64-bit or 32-bit.

X64 refers to the AMD 64-bit processor

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are three architectures:

X86_64 (also known as x64) - which can be an AMD processor with Pacifica extension (x86_64) OR Intel Processors with EM64T. x64 and X86_64 are synonyms.

x86 is the "normal" known 32bit processor

IA64 is a new processor from Intel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X64:

x86-64 is a 64-bit superset of the x86 instruction set architecture. The x86-64 instruction set natively supports Intel's x86 and was designed by Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), who have since renamed it AMD64. This architecture has been cloned by Intel under the name Intel 64 (formerly known as EM64T among other names).[1] This leads to the common use of the names x86-64 or x64 as more vendor-neutral terms to collectively refer to the two nearly identical implementations.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>IA64 is a new processor from Intel

Not really new anymore : this is the Itanium processor.

This was the first 64 bit processor from HP/Intel.

[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itanium]

"After a protracted development process, the first Itanium was released in 2001"

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With "new" I meant, that it's not a successor development (as is EM64T) of another processor but a complete new one. You're right - "new" is not the right term here.

Markus

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Here iam going to install DEV and Quality on the same server, i need to calrify some issues. It will be helpful if you can provide some assistance regarding these issues. My platform is windows 2003 with oracle 10g.

1. Is it possible to install dev and quality on the same physical server.

2. How we can distribute our disk management in respective to backup's.( How much capacity schould i alloacate to cdive,d drive,log files,orarch fles,redo log files etc)

3. If we are going for two instances on a single host, both instances carry the same database or different databases (common db server or different db server)

4. Does instlattion pattern changes and how shcould i start my SAPMMC for both the instances. Iam very new to this concept.Please do not mind if you mind these silly questions.

5. later the same quality thing is transported to production.What additional things that schould be taken care before iam going for installation.

my server configuration is 2 cpu * 5460 dual core processor, 8gb memory,5*146gb hdd.

Waiting desperately for ur suggestion.

Advance thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Is it possible to install dev and quality on the same physical server.

-> yes it is possible with different SID and different instance number.

for dev -> SID -> DEV instance number -> 00

for qa -> SID -> QAS instance number ->10

2. How we can distribute our disk management in respective to backup's.( How much capacity schould i alloacate to cdive,d drive,log files,orarch fles,redo log files etc)

-> it dependes on you how you want to distribute.

normally c drive contain OS so it is better to install central instance ( kernel) on different drive.

you can use following partation ( 5 * 146 GB ) for example only read installation document.

C:\ 40 GB remaining for D:\ drive ( first hard disk)

E:\ 146 😕 DEV data file

F:\ 146 : \ QAS data file

G:\ 146 : \ for redo log

H:\ 100 : ( for orarch log )

I:\ 40 GB ( fro swap i.e virtual memory)

3. If we are going for two instances on a single host, both instances carry the same database or different databases (common db server or different db server)

-> Two database are created one for DEV and one for QAS which have common DB server ( Oracle is same for both)

4. Does instlattion pattern changes and how shcould i start my SAPMMC for both the instances. Iam very new to this concept.Please do not mind if you mind these silly questions.

-> you can see both instance in SAP MMC after installation is done.

5. later the same quality thing is transported to production.What additional things that schould be taken care before iam going for installation.

-> after installation you need to configure transport system for two system DEV and QAS make QAS domain controller, if you plan to install production system later, you can add production system to TMS

regards.

kaushal

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have installed solution Manager. To configure TMS i have logged into 000 client.Configured TMS Domain Contoller.

It shows me ' you are logged into domain controller'.

it also shows me with a red mark ' TMS Configuration is inconsistent'.

The reason it gives 'Transport control program not configured'.

When i go for configuring transport control program

Overview-Systems-SAP system-change( keeping cursor on my domain controller)transport tool(in my tab button)--extras-configuration for TPPARAM is not getting highlighted.

When i click on configure transport tool it shows me a

'could not determine tb profile paramater DBHOST'.

Iam running on windows 2003 with oracle 10g as my database.Can you please provide the solution.I will reward good points for sure.

Thanks in advance.

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Here iam configuring printer to my SAP.My printer is connected to a PC which is running on 192.168.1.136 I.P address and so i want to connect to it through network.

I have configured a new output device hp_printer.I have given device type as HPLJ1100:HP laserjet 1100. Device class as standard printer.In Access method Tab i have given Host spool Access method as S:print using SAP Protocol.

Host printer :
HPprinter

Destination Host : 192.168.1.136.

When i trying to save it says me 'specify a spool server'.

Please let me know were iam doing wrong.

Instance assistance is appreciated.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in case you have different problem please try to search on SDN or open new thread

When i trying to save it says me 'specify a spool server'.

this appear because on 192.168.1.136 host saplpd or sapsprint program is not running as service.

download sapsprint latest patch and instlled it on your print server host. (192.168.1.136)

check Note 894444 - Tool for server-based printing on Windows (SAPSprint)

regards,

kaushal

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update.

But i have installed SAPGUI on the PC which is connected to Printer. Even i checked SAPLPD is running.

If that did not solve the problem then i removed SAPGUI ( that is saplpd) from the PC then downloaded the latest patch xsprint_19-10004336.exe&uid. I could not suxcedded in making it run.

Can you please help it out or provide solution to me.

Thank you.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should configure the printer in SPAD to use connection method "G" not "S".

Markus

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

As you said i provided

Host sppol access method as : G:Front end printing with Control tech

Host printer : 192.168.1.136.

I saved the particulars.

When i giving the print from SAP

it is opening a dialiog box with output device as lp01

no. of copies : 1

when i click right mark it shows me the information

sppol request ( number 00001300) is created without immediate output.

Can you please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the access method for lp01 in SPAD.

you can not use lp01 because your printer is not attached to sap server printer port.

instead of that create new device name LOCL

Under Device Attributes:

Device Type : if you found printer driver select that printer or select SAPWIN

Device Class: standard Printer

Under Access Method:

Access Method : G

host printer: ip address of host where sapsprint is installed and make sure the printer is installed on this host.

now in SU01 -> enter user name -> change -> defaults -> assign LOCL to output device.

regards,

kaushal

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

THANK YOU KAUSHAL

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It´s suggested to install the latest kernel - it has the most corrections.

Extract the latest SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB for your platform, then download all the patches, that have a higher correction date than the one of SAPEXE.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Kernel Patch number 75 in a similar environment.