cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are all the latest technologies in netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends ,

i'm new to sap .can any one answer my question.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

If u hv NWDS intalled on your m/c, u can find 3 components in the J2EE Engine View.

1) Dispatcher

2) SDM

3) Server

For every instance of J2EE server, u hv these 3 components.

This are the essential ones to work your application. The SDM is basically one that helps u deploy Java applications. The Dispatcher comes during runtime execution of your applications.

One can hv multiple instances also running on the same server, this helps to run applications when one or the other instance is down & thus unaffecting or allowing your job to run smoothly on that server.

Regards

Kunal Kotak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanku very much ...

i have one more question.

why j2ee engine ? is it useful for portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

J2EE engine is part of the SAP suite to support the development that is happening in the JAVA Stack. Initially all the SAP dev was in ABAP.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!,

when we talk about the WebApplication whether your own webapps or any vendor provided WebApps,we need an Application server on which we can deploy our WebApplication.

Application server provides an infrastructure which WebApps need like WebContainer.

Technically speaking SAP EP is nothing but a WebApplication,So EP also needs an Application Server and here J2EE Engine comes into picture.

regards,

M.D.Sahu

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u very much Mr.Sahu ..

i have one more doubt

what is the use of j2ee engine and how it is useful to portal development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Rajeev,

Netweaver is a suite of products

SAP NetWeaver is a set of capabilities that are provided by many different SAP products constructed to work with each other to make applications work together, build new applications on top of existing applications, and lower the total cost of owning applications.

i guess SAP Netweaver is having around 8 components like SAP Portal,Process Integration,BW,RFID,Application Server are a few components.

In addition to this we have 3 development tool,among them are NWDS(Netweaver Developer Studio),VC(Visual Composer).

The various components of SAP NetWeaver work as a part of orchestra. Each is a powerful instrument that can make many different kinds of IT music, but each also has one thing that it does particularly well. Each uniquely talented component has the most value when playing well with others to solve a problem

Now abt your question--- latest technology in netweaver.if you are talking abt Languages then we can use Java and ABAP to develop an application in NW.

Hope this will be helpful to you.

regards,

M.D.Sahu