cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Software not installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I tried to install SAP NetWeaver 7.1 with Oracle 10 under Windows Server 2003 64bit in english fully updated. But I ran into two problems which prevented the SAP installation to finish : first once all the oracles updates were installed, the oracle wintows service would not start; second sapinst never managed to find the oracle installation and always answered "Oracle Software not installed".

For this installation I downloaded all the installation files from the SAP download center like this :

- On http://service.sap.com/swdc in the left frame : download/installation and upgrades/entry by application group

- then in the center frame : SAP NetWeaver/SAP NetWeaver/SAP NETWEAVER CE 7.1/Installation/Windows Server/Oracle/

- I added everything to the Download basket but "Oracle 10.2.0.2.0 Patch for AIX 64bit" and "Oracle 10.2.0.2.0 Patch for Solaris 64bit"

- then I took the last patch for Oracle 10 on the SAP download center :

- on http://service.sap.com/swcenter-3pmain in the left frame : Oracle/Oracle 64-bit/Oracle 10.2.0 64bit/Oracle 10.2.0.2/NT_x86_64

- I added the last patch to the download basket

Then I followed this installation steps :

• installation of the last jdk : jdk-6u3-windows-i586-p.exe

• installation of Oracle 10.2.0.1 with : Oracle10.2.0.1-51031678\NT\I386\sapserver.cmd

• installation of the last update for oracle 10.2.0.2 with : DVD_ORACLE_10.2.0.2_Patches_WIN_AIX_SOL\NT\I386\setup.exe

=> I had a problem with the installation of the patch chich detected the wrong version of windows so I forced it with : OPATCH_PLATFORM_ID=233 (I checked it before, it should really be the right one)

• installation of the last patch of oracle :

- definition of ORACLE_HOME and addition of opatch to the PATH

- execution of "opatch apply" in the folder Oracle-10202_Patch16_MSWINX86-64-6397030\

===> *PB* : the installation of this patch enables the oracle windows service which won't run and doesn't send any errors (just timeout). I didn't find any help on this one. When I tried to start sqlplus in console, I got errors about DLLs not found but they exists in the bin directory of oracle and are in the PATH...

• installation of NetWeaver 7.1 with SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 SP3 for Oracle - 51032969\DATA_UNITS\CE71_03_IM_WIN_X86_64_ORA\sapinst.exe

- normal installation + JavaEE + CompEnv

- Media Browser - RDBMS Client Oracle : Oracle 10.2 Client - 51033272\OCL_WINDOWS_I386\LABEL.ASC

===> *PB* : at this point of the sap installation, I got an error "Oracle Software not installed" without any details. I didn't find any help on that either. It seems to come from a registry key missing...

After that, I uninstalled (with removal of the right keys in the registry to have something clean (<a href="http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/install.102/b14316/deinstall.htm">url</a>)) Oracle many times and tried different installation steps : without the patches, with the patches but without the update (doesn't work), with the patch 15, with the patch 16. In each cases Oracle service wasn't working if a patch was installed. And in each cases the sap installation never detected an Oracle installation. This installation steps are very reproductibles and are problemful.

Could anybody have some pointers or help on that one ?

Thanks in advance,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem due to the Oracle patch you installed.

I think you are using the Itanium-based systems. In that case you have to use Oracle patch for IA 64 (NT_IA_64), which is available in the marketplace.

Hope this will solve your issue.

Regards,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

I tried both versions of the oracles patches for 64bit because opatch was unable at first to find the correct version of the os. It complained about the version of the patch which was not the same as the one of the system. After comparing the differences between the targeted system of the two patches, I forced it manually to 233 in the registry.

Before doing so I couldn't run the update to 10.2.0.2, it complained in the same way that the update was not available for this system. After forcing the version in the registry, the update worked well and doesn't bug oracle at all. So I'm pretty sure I didn't mess up by forcing the version of the system. But SAP doesn't find the oracle installation with just the update...

And with either of the patches, I get a buggy Oracle installation. Markus : how can I correct the environement of the service ?

As I said the excution of the service just got me a timeout error, and the execution of sqlplus in a console got me a DLL error.

Florian

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think your installation is hosed.

You installed:

- a 32bit Oracle (your wrote installation of Oracle 10.2.0.1 with : Oracle10.2.0.1-51031678NTI386sapserver.cmd). This can´t work since all SAP vesrions higher than 7.00 are only available as 64bit systems

- then you added a patch for Oracle 32bit (DVD_ORACLE_10.2.0.2_Patches_WIN_AIX_SOLNTI386setup.exe) You needed to force the installation because you are running a 64bit platform

- then you finally added the 64bit interim patch (Oracle-10202_Patch16_MSWINX86-64-6397030)

So now you end up with a mixed installation of Oracle 32bit binaries and 64bit DLLs. This can´t and won´t work.

I suggest you either remove anything and start again with the right Oracle version (x86_64 for installation, 10.2.0.2 patch and interim) or reinstall the OS (which would be the cleanest installation).

Markus

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does Oracle Version for Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition (Service Pack2) Exist ?

The source contains three Directories entries for installation options

1. AMD64

2. I386

3. IA64

I selected I386 as , IA64 would nt work for my case. (My PC's Processor is Intel Xeon)

If it's the question related to 32 bit or 64 bit Oracle version, then, why OUI runs if i start the installation using sapserver.cmd of i386? (does my PC virtually support 64 Bit?)And Moreover, It successfully installed the Oracle 10.2.0.1 successfully.

I applied relevant Oracle patch after the Oracle Database Installation.

but , ultimately the Installation stopped same at "ORACLE Software Not Install", by SAPInst.

Please....Help us.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Does Oracle Version for Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition (Service Pack2) Exist ?

>

> The source contains three Directories entries for installation options

> 1. AMD64

> 2. I386

> 3. IA64

>

> I selected I386 as , IA64 would nt work for my case. (My PC's Processor is Intel Xeon)

>

> If it's the question related to 32 bit or 64 bit Oracle version, then, why OUI runs if i start the installation using sapserver.cmd of i386? (does my PC virtually support 64 Bit?)And Moreover, It successfully installed the Oracle 10.2.0.1 successfully.

>

> I applied relevant Oracle patch after the Oracle Database Installation.

>

> but , ultimately the Installation stopped same at "ORACLE Software Not Install", by SAPInst.

It depends on what operating system (32 or 64bit) you have installed.

AMD64 is a generic term for both AMD Opteron 64bit processors and Intel Xeon 64bit processors - also known as X86_64. If you have a 64bit operating system installed and you chose the I386 installation, then this won't work.

During installation you're asked what database version and client you are installing onto (sapinst asks this) - if you accept the default and you're on 64bit then the error message is clear because sapinst expects a 64bit version.

So:

AMD64 = X86_64 = 64bit

IA64 = Itanium-2 64 bit

I386 = 32bit

Markus

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I tried the AMD64 based Installation Source to install Oracle 10g. and It works.

I also applied sufficient patches (AMD64/x86_64 based) to Oracle, as required. It worked fine, without giving that "Platform not compatible" error, as it was giving me before.

Now,I have got that , my machine was expecting x86_64 based Installation of Oracle .

I was little bit confused between x86, x64, x84_64, I386,etc..etc..terms...

Thanks to Markus and other friends.

The problem was due to mix installation of 32bit + 64bit Oracle Software & Patches. Previously, i installed i386 based Oracle, which is 32 bit version. Then i tried AMD64 based Installation source of Oracle RDBMS. It workes.

Previously, I was applying x86_64 based Oracle patches 16 & 17 on 32-bit Oracle version, thats why definitely it was giving error of "Platform not compatible", because it was expecting 64Bit Oracle version to implement that patch.

But, now, i successfully applied these two required Oracle 10.0.2.0 patches(16 & 17),on this 64Bit Oracle. (AMD64 based Installation source).

Then, I had run SAPInst of Installation Master (Win_x86_64) and started the Installation again. I also gave Oracle RDBMS Client Source location (x86_64 based). Then, also provided other required parameters. Now, the SAPInst worked fine, without that "Oracle Software not Installed" error.

And, Ultimately I successfully installed the SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 on 64Bit Oracle 10g Database Software. Right now, the Server is working fine, without Errors.

Thanks Again.....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keep in mind that changing the environment of ). Apparently the environment of that user is not correct.

Markus