Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCESS SEQUENCE - ERROR

manisha1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I'm trying to create an access sequence and while saving the following error is occuring. kindly let me know why this error is coming.Because of this I'm unable to save it.

"Request/task NEWK900003 can only be changed in client 000"

Regards

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

Create the new access sequence and Create a new transport request in client 000 and save it.

It will work.

Reward if helpful.

Pradeep Belur.

Edited by: Pradeep Belur on Jan 29, 2008 10:27 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manish

This is probably because you dont have authorization to change configuration in your existing client (say 999) and the "Request/task NEWK900003" would have moved from 000.

Either you get basis authorisation to do the configuration changes and transport the same. Alternatively, go to 000 client and make the required changes in that client and save. Now transport the changes to your 999 client.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

manisha1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear G. Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for your reply.. Generally when I post any queries that are not related to the general sales cycle I hardly get response...I somehow managed to save the "ACCESS SEQUENCE "...

In the response that you have I'm confused on few things kinldy clarify these as I'm very new..

Q1. What eaxclty do you mean when u say ' "Request/task NEWK900003" would have moved from 000' ?

Q2. What is "Request/task NEWK900003" whenever we save a table come with a automatic request number like the above where will this number come from?

Q3. What and how the data will be flowing..are there any other modules involved while saving such requests.

Q4. (alternate method) How and where should I go to 000 client... Where should I make the requested changes..

Q5. How to transport the changes to 999

HOW DID I MANAGED TO SAVE????

While Saving I Have Clicked On "Create Request" And I Have Given Some Description And Data Was Saved..

Q1. What will be the implication for this..

Q2. What is this "Create request" what I'm I requesting and whom I'm I requesting.

Kindly respond

Reagrds

Manish

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ManishA

1) Your first posting says ""Request/task NEWK900003 can only be changed in client 000". So I was under the impression that this request would have been moved from 000 client to your present client by you.

2) Whenever you make any changes in customization (normally this will be done in development and quality server), a screen with header "Prompt for Customising request" will appear wherein either you have to create a new request and save the changes or save the changes in the existing request.

3) As for as transport request is concerned, the above explanation is self explanatory

4) The way how you login in your current client, the same way you have to login to 000

5) As you said, you have given some value in the screen after saving the changes. Goto SCC1, Specify request no, source client and enter. Will ask Target client. To give SFQ 999 and select "execute" button (F8)

With regard to your other questions, the implication would be whatever configuration changes you made and saved, that will exist if you open now. Create request is nothing but, you are transporting the configuration changes from one client to another client.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

manisha1
Explorer
0 Kudos

ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS..