cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xi bussiness scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I would like to practice monitoring and configuration in xi . So i would request you to tell me what kindof systems i should have. For eg i have got addin system where i have installed xi . What kindof system should i install in the other end to work on it.

Please tel me how i can set up an business scenario to practice it.

Points rewarded for helpfull answers.

Thanks in advance

Rgds,

Dinesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on the scenarios, which you would like to do.Suppose if you are interested to do IDOCs /RFC related scenarios you need to have SAP back end systems.And if you want to access database then you should have database systems..

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Vishnu.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To practice primary XI scenarios you need systems as below

For IDOC/RFC/BAPI related configurations and monitoring

-

> You need R/3 system

For ABAP Proxy ---> mySAP ECC 6.2 or above etc.

For file to file scenario --- > FTP server or Native file systems (NFS)

For Mail ---> You need to configure the mail server

For JDBC --> Need the database Oracle, DB2 or any else

SOAP/HTTP ---> You need Webservice to be deploy.

Please go through below links also here you will get some configuration steps for XI scenarios,

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

A Beginner's Guide to SAP XI Settings part I

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/73527b2c-0501-0010-5398-c4a...

A Beginner's Guide to SAP XI Settings part II

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6bd6f69a-0701-0010-a88b-adb...

thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To start with, let us know what type of scenario you need to do, Because each scenario needs different systems to be integrated with XI. For example you can interact with any database system, CRM etc.

You can learn more from these links for different interfaces:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

A Beginner's Guide to SAP XI Settings part I

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/73527b2c-0501-0010-5398-c4a...

A Beginner's Guide to SAP XI Settings part II

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6bd6f69a-0701-0010-a88b-adb...

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Business Scenarios for ur requirements can be:

Integration of R3 (CRM, SRM, BW Systems), ant legacy system like Cobol based, C++ based to XI using:

IDoCs,

BDoCs

Proxies

Seeburger adapter

and so on....

and to configure these you can make different objects in IR, and ID. you need java runtime environment to be installed on your machine.

Monotoring:

Use RWB (for XI objects) and rz20, rz21tcodes to monitor different server performances.

for this you need to install different pacthes on servers you want to monitor.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

I want to be little brief. I have a addin system where i have installed my xi and i have a J2ee standalone engine in different PC. So what all scenarios i can practice between these two systems. Please be in brief.

Thnks &Rgds,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can practise scenarios where file/soap/mail adapters are used.You can do scenario involving mail adapter only if you know any of the mail servers.

Regards,

Vishnu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Easy way to install R/3 system and configure IDOC to file scenario or File to JDBC scenario if you dont want to install R/3.

-Pinkle