cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issuing SAP assertion Tickets

Former Member
0 Kudos

We wish to try to use Principle Propagation for our inbound Web Services on PI, so that we do not need to deal with logon issues.

In the documentation, it has this to say about the SOAP client, which is a system external to SAP in our case:

"The SOAP client itself must be able to issue SAP assertion tickets.

If the sender is an SAP program, an HTTP destination of type G can be used.

If the sender is a SOAP (receiver) adapter, simple principal propagation can be used."

My question is: how can a system external to SAP issue SAP assertion tickets?

Kind Regards,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have raised good question, Let me clarify about it.

system external to SAP issue SAP assertion tickets?

Here You don't need the external system to issue SAP assertion tickets for SAP.

If you are using SOAP as sender then that is the requirment to issue SAP assertion ticket. It is possible with using SAP preffered webservices.

If you again see the statement

"The SOAP client itself must be able to issue SAP assertion tickets.

The SOAP client means the Webservice having SOAP will be on sender side.

While sending the SOAP request to server side via XI the Webservice will generate the Assertion ticket. You need to deploy the same ticket in XI by Visual Admin. Noramally Basis team takes care of it.

thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sawant,

One question regarding your post:

"While sending the SOAP request to server side via XI the Webservice will generate the Assertion ticket"

This is the crux of the matter for me. How does the sender system do that? Is it somethign embedded in the header of the SOAP message? This really is unclear to me.

BR,

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the below link.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/341a2176b74002e10000000a155369/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Vishnu.