Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display employee names with SA profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am looking at implementing structural authorisations and restricting users to thier own org units. So they will only be able to view employee details of users in thier org unit but there is a need for users to look at employee names throughout the whole organisation. Currently I am testing with 3 PD profiles, 2 allow different org units (P1 and P2) and the other allows access to all organisation (P3). The problem comes when i give access to a user to P1 and P3 or P2 and P3, they are able to see all employee's and all the infotypes that they have for thier own org unit.

Does anyone know how to allow users to display name of employee only throughout the org structure whilst restricting acess to thier own org unit?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, Assuming the users will be access BI : If the end user access in the HR system (structural authorisation) is similar to what is required in BI.eg A user in the HR system can see You can bring the structural authorisation into BI via standard extraction enabling cross system consistency.

If the access to BI is different to HR - complexity will increase! You could create different reference employee name characteristics for the PD profiles. This will increase complexity and admin.

I hope this helps.

Sam