cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL for GE Historian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know where to get the DLL for GE Historian so it can talk to the UDS? We have been waiting for Historian sales support to send it to us, but we are not getting anywhere with it.

--Amy Smith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am assuming you don't have the historian server installed at all? The historian disk is free but they generally do not have it available for download. GE uses hardware keys for licensing. If you don't have a hardware key, the historian will work for 2 hours. However the UDS does take a client licence and in demo mode the historian only has 2 clients avaiable. So if you have the historian admin up and using the UDS, that will take up both licences.

Not sure why your GE rep is being unresponsive (unless you are a competitor) I worked for a GE rep for 7 years and still have close ties. I probably could get you a disk or file legally. Email me if you wish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the offer Doug!

The guys are working with the GE sales support person. The Historian is working fine, but the interface to xMII is not. GE got back with us and said the DLL (Yet to be named BTW) is in the SAP UDS and the SAP integrator says GE has it. We are reinstalling UDS. If it still doesn't work I will post an error message and the name of the missing DLL. Looks like I have some research to do... Something to keep me warm on a blizzardy day!

--Amy

0 Kudos

Amy,

Are you using the iHistorian UDS v2.5 downloaded from Service Marketplace? Did you install the UDS framework first and then install the iHistorian UDS? What is the UDS configuration you are using?

Also, the Windows Event Viewer will show you whatever errors messages are being thrown by the connection attempts.

Hope this helps.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also make sure you are using the correct iHistorian UDS as there are 3 present on the Market place based on the version of Proficy you are using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great questions. I am getting information slowly from the person who has the server and will find answers to your questions. I did download UDS iHistorian3 V2.5 as he was using an older version with the 2.5 UDS Framework.

The Windows event says "Unable to create datasource OPCConnector.DataSource. [Invalid class string]".

Do we need the UDS OPC DA or HDA installed for iHistorian?

--Amy Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

No you do not require the OPC DA or HDA UDS' in this case.

There are quite a few posts in the forum on Proficy. Did you get a chance to look @ them?

In one of the posts it was made clear by SAP that iHistorian3 UDS is not compatible with Proficy 3.1.Do you think that this might be your case ,as you've not mentioned the Proficy version that you are using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam, did you ever release the 4.0 OLEDB UDS? That's also a must-have for anyone working with iHistorian/Proficy Historian.

0 Kudos

Rick,

Haha, funny story about that...it was supposed to be released approx. 6 times already......but keeps on being delayed for "Non-Technical" reasons. Keep an eye out for it when SP4 comes out for 11.5

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I did a search and read what I found. However, it seems the default "date range" for the search is only 90 days! Thanks for challenging that.

We do indeed have Proficy iHistoring 3.1 installed. I will get them to install 3.0. Does the order of install matter or can they just deinstall 3.1 and install 3.0?

Proficy historian administrator version 3.1.0.1760

UDS admin version 2.5 .0.4

Ihistorian3UDS version 2.1.13.0 (I downloaded 2.5.0.xxxx can't look, my desktop just crashed! does it matter if they use 2.1 or 2.5 of the iHistorian3 UDS?)

Is there a document somewhere that lists the versions of Proficy iHistorian and which UDS to install?

And also for a given version of the UDS admin/framework, what other UDS versions (OPC, ...) match it?

Thanks all for the great feedback and information.

--Amy Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 90 days is default , when you search for the first time , after which it gives you search options and you can actually go back a year.

I think the order is important and it should be the Historian followed by the UDS Framework and finally the iHIstorian3 UDS.

As for the UDS versions, it is best to have the latest ones from the market place to avoid any compatibility issues.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

What DLL you are looking at?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops, not quite answered yet. Version compatability questions....

0 Kudos

Amy,

Not sure, but here's a link to a forum where people will probably know: [http://gefanuc.bnsi.net/eforum/forumdisplay.php?f=85|http://gefanuc.bnsi.net/eforum/forumdisplay.php?f=85]

Hope this helps.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Search on GE's forum yield's no results. I will post a question there when I finally get a login.

I still would like to know if anyone here has an answer for me.

Thanks all.

--Amy Smith