cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Adobe Output Pak to NW04+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any information/documentation regarding the migration path from Adobe Output Pak solutions built on R/3 4.6 (or the like) to Adobe Interactive Forms for ECC 6.0? ; If the client would like to maintain their existing solution on Adobe Output Pak is it supported for NW04+ versions? What are the challenges of moving Adobe Output Pak solutions to Adobe Interactive Forms? Does this require complete rework of the solutions or can the solutions just be migrated? Based on SAP's comments it looks like SAPscript requires modification (but to what extent) and SmartForms can be migrated with minimal to no rework. Is this true?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the questions:

Yes, the Output Pak solution will still work and is still supported with NW04 & NW04S systems. So there is really nothing the customer has to do to keep working the way he always has.

As for the conversion from Output Pak to Interactive Forms by Adobe the answer is a little more complicated (sorry). I assume you're working from SAPScript forms. You need to consider the parts of the OutputPak solution that need to be migrated. There is the SAP Print program, the SAPScript layout set and the Adobe form (IFD).

There is no solution for automatically migrating the print program or the layout set into the Forms processing interface and context. The paradigms are just too different. Depending on how customized the print program is, you will either need to re-develop it or go to the SAP standard print program for the scenario and redo any customizations.

You can convert the IFD to an interactive form. The first thing you need is the latest Output Design to be installed on the same workstation as the Adobe Designer. Then, in transaction SFP, go to the Layout tab to bring up the Designer. Then use the "Tools->Import" command to bring the IFD into Designer. That will bring in the structure. Of course the data binding is probably all wrong at this point but it's pretty easy to fix that by just using drag-and-drop from the schema onto the for fields. You may need to do some scripting as well since the old preamble code will not be brought it. There may be other parameters on subforms that you need to set to get the same effects you used to set up in the preamble.

Now for some brutal honesty - I've never done this and I don't know of anyone who has, so you're breaking new ground if you try it.. I know that this should work in theory but...

If you do try it out, please let me know how you make out. If you have questions I'll try to answer them but sometimes it's a while before I can get back to you. If it takes too long, please just prod me at lwoolsey@adobe.com.

Best of luck

Les

Answers (0)