cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting to wrong g/l account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have some items in an invoice that are posting to the wrong account. Where should I look for find where this occurs. The accts begin with 8900???.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

run VKOA and check your assignment

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your help.

I finally found the answer, it is the schedule line category that determines the material movement and thus the g/l account.

emery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jonathan,

You are correct for the general modification of VKA, however I find that the material in question has a general modification of VAX and when I go in to Simulate Inventory Mgmt: Acct Assignments I see many options listed under movement type 601 which for the material. How do I know which one to choose, there are 10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI,

I am the MM guy, the SD guy, the PP guy, the WM guy........

And just trying to get up to speed...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jonathan,

I'm getting closer, yes, in this location I can see inside the chart of accts the TRX that is where the problem lies. But how is the trx determined?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Emery.

when you do OBYC, you will brought to a screen with "Description", "Transaction" and "Account Determination". when you begin any selections, you will be asked to specify your chart of accounts (am i correct that in your case it is "TRX"?).

since you are interested in goods issue account posting, choose the transaction "GBB".

after you click on this, you will be brought to the next screen. look for the entries under General Modification = "VKA". depending on the valuation class of your material, debit/credit postings will be done to the account shown.

the exact accounts to be posted should be determined by the FI consultant, as this may be different from what is pre-set.

hope this helped.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ramesh,

Through my own fault I should have said that I am seeing the wrong accounts being applied in the goods issue document. In this doc, there are two lines in the acct column for each item with the second line designating the bucket where the incorrect acct # is shown. I would like to find out where this account is being assigned and fix it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Emery.

by goods issue, were you referring to the material document? if so, use OBYC to check postings for material movement. i believe this is more for the MM guys.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In invoice(F2) select Environment->Acc-Determ.analysis->revenue Accounts.Here u can find the condition types and the values posted in which G/L Account. And accordingly you can do the changes in Revenue Account Determination.

Ramesh