Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perform statement only displays 80 characters

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen this question answered a lot but it doesn't make sense to me.

I am using perform subroutine to call an abap routine in SAPScript. There is a 255 character value but only the first 80 characters are passed back to the SAPScript. All the other answers on SDN refer to:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/d1/803279454211d189710000e8322d00/frameset.htm

".....The values of the SAPscript symbols passed with /: USING... are now stored in the internal table IN_TAB . Note that the system passes the values as character string to the subroutine, since the field Feld VALUE in structure ITCSY has the domain TDSYMVALUE (CHAR 80). See the example below on how to access the variables......"

But in our system TDSYMVALUE is 255 characters:

VALUE TDSYMVALUE CHAR 255 0 Text symbol value

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

found any luck ?

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

I figured it out.

I am using the INCLUDE statement in script and pass all the td_name td_object td_id langauge to it.

just like below

my v_text2 will come from driver program i.e TDNAME = <Keyid>

INCLUDE &V_TEXT2& OBJECT &LV_TDOBJECT& ID &LV_TDID& LANGUAGE &LV_TDLANG& PARAGRAPH K1.

Thanks,

Mahesh

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a dirty solution to this.

The parameter is 255 characters so I split it up and pass 4 variables back to the SAPScript form.

Not the most elegant solution so if someone knows a way to pass the 255 characters in one go, I would still like to see it.

Thanks.