cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product category in srm should over write the punch-out catalog category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a requirement to overwrite the product category which is coming from the punch-out catalog with the SRM product category.

Exactly saying i am looking for a mapping program.

Because the product category schema in Punch-out Catalog is different from the product category schema in SRM.

Is there any BADI that is available to help and Can anybody has the experience in doing so....??

with regards,

mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

This can be done through customizing SRM--> SRM Server --> Master Data --> Content management --> Mapping for schema.

You set your schema for product category (UNSPSC, ..) and then define the mapping for a schema .

Another solution is to do the mapping with a badi (BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER)

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

Actucally i am using NIGP as the Schema, Can you explain me how we can do with more details how to configure the settings to map the exteranal product category with the internal product category and with out going to BADI.

IMG> SRM> SRM Server --> Master Data --> Content management --> Mapping for schema.

You set your schema for product category (UNSPSC, ..) and then define the mapping for a schema .

Thanks for your response,

Mahesh

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pierre,

What field in the OCI interface should the UNSPSC code be found? I know the 'UNSPSC' must be in the NEW_ITEM-EXT_SCHEMA_TYPE field but is the actual UNSPSC code to be found in NEW_ITEM-EXT_CATEGORY_ID or NEW_ITEM-EXT_CATEGORY?

Please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to derive the own product category id from the punch-out category. I have implemented the badi BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER. But for some reason, default value is overwriten our derived value. How can i overcome this? did any one faced same issue pls reply.do we need to pass any additional parameter inside the BADI to get rid of default value?

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How you resolved this problem? currently we are getting default product category even thoggh punchout catalog is sending different prooduct categories?

we are using unspsc categoires and even punchout categories also same but default product category is coming not the punch out.

thanks

Ravi