cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms: Page break in main window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am working on a smartform that has a loop in the Main window which finally shows a table with serveral rows. I would like to have a page break if one group of lines doesn't fit on the page anymore.

I did some research on that and found the following solution:

Protection against page break for several table lines

- Expand the main area of your table node in the navigation tree.

- Insert a file node for the table lines to be protected in the main area.

- If you have already created table lines in the main area, you can put the lines that you want to protect again page break under the file using Drag&Drop. Otherwise, create the table lines as subnodes of the file.

- Choose the Output Options tab page of the file node and set the Page Protection option. All table lines that are in the file with the Page Protection option set are output on one page.

I did all this and activated the form. But when I go the generic output issue to see the form, following error message comes up:

Output could not be displayed (it may not be complete)

Any ideas why this is happening? (If I delete the folder with the "page protection" mark, then it is working fine again..)

Thanks a lot

Anne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a folder under the main area of the table and checked it for page protection and assigned the row types under that. Its working for me. probably there might be some problem with your assignment.

Steps are

Create a folder under the main area of the table and check the folder for page protection.

put all the row types under that.

Thanks,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

thanks for your answer.

Your steps descibe exactly what I did, but for some reasons I always get this error message as soon as I check the folder for page protection. When page protection is not checked it is working....

Any ideas or suggestions??

Thanks a lot

Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Page Break you can also do this.

In the Table tab of the Tabel Node. Go to Details section of the table and under the Line Type select No Page Break. This should help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viswas,

thanks for your answer.

I have already checked this solution and it also doesn't work for me. I get no error message, but the lines are still seperated on two pages.

Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Anne,

If you are getting the error as soon as you check the box for page protection, it indicates that its not placed at correct position.

I think you placed the folder at a wrong node. I placed the folder under the main area of the table and placed the row types under the folder. Then i checked the folder for page protection.

Its working for me. I am working in ECC 6.0. I dont know if we have that provision in 4.6 C.

Create the folder under the main area of the table node.

put the row types under the folder and check the box for page protection.

Thanks,

Vamshi.

Edited by: vamshi p on Jan 31, 2008 9:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vamish,

I don't get the error as soon as I place the mark for page protection. I get the error when I go into the the generic output issue to see the form (SE38, execute program RSNAST0D and enter the parameters). Then I can make a print preview of the forms, but for some forms I only get this error message:

Output could not be displayed (it may not be complete)

Thanks

Anne