cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL JDBC connection problems in xMII 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just got our xMII 12 development environment up and running. There are several Data Servers that need to be configured, however I'm having some difficulty with the MSSQL Data Servers.

I have deployed both sqljdbc.jar and ojdbc14.jar on the server. The Oracle connection(s) are giving me no difficulty.

When I save the MSSQL data server the following messages appear in the NetWeaver(NW) logs.

Warning -Unable to detemermine maximum number of connections from JDBC driver

Warning -Unable to fill connection pool for jdbc:sqlserver:<server name removed>;databaseName=DTDB

Info - Created Connection pool [[jdbc:sqlserver:<server name removed>;databaseName=DTDB]]:

Warning - Unable to fill connection pool for jdbc:sqlserver:<server name removed>;databaseName=DTDB

[[EXCEPTION]]

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:532)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.tools.database.ConnectionPool.createConnectionObject(ConnectionPool.java:301)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.tools.database.ConnectionPool.<init>(ConnectionPool.java:80)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.tools.database.ConnectionHolder.addDBConnectionPool(ConnectionHolder.java:121)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.server.Server.createHolder(Server.java:266)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.server.Server.access$300(Server.java:20)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.server.Server$1.run(Server.java:125)

At this point 'Connection Status' in xMII says 'Running'.

When an attempt is made to define 'Fixed Query Details' in workbench, a warning message box appears stating "Cannot create a connection to the database".

The following log entries appear in NW logs after attempt at building query is made.

Error - Server IDBC does not exist

Error - Unable to run the query

Error - Unable to run the query

[[EXCEPTION]]

com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: Invalid server IDBC was used

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.security.AuthorizationEngine.checkPermissions(AuthorizationEngine.java:87)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.security.AuthorizationEngine.validateQuery(AuthorizationEngine.java:57)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.services.ServiceManager.runQuery(ServiceManager.java:43)

at com.sap.xmii.servlet.Illuminator.service(Illuminator.java:63)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.runServlet(FilterChainImpl.java:117)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:62)

at com.sap.xmii.system.SecurityFilter.doFilter(SecurityFilter.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:58)

Error - Cannot create a connection to the database

[[EXCEPTION]]

com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.system.CommunicationException: Cannot create a connection to the database

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.tools.database.ConnectionHolder.getConnection(ConnectionHolder.java:109)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.IDBC.IDBC.doProcessRequest(IDBC.java:109)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.AbstractConnector.processRequest(AbstractConnector.java:83)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.services.handlers.IlluminatorService.processRequest(IlluminatorService.java:56)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.services.ServiceManager.runQuery(ServiceManager.java:49)

at com.sap.xmii.servlet.Illuminator.service(Illuminator.java:63)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.runServlet(FilterChainImpl.java:117)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:62)

The dataserver settings in xMII are as follows:

JDBCDriver: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

ServerPackage: com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.IDBC

ServerURL: jdbc:sqlserver:<server name removed>;databaseName=DTDB

I have tested with both SQL 2000 and 2005 servers with the same result. They work fine on our 11.5 box, but that uses the jdbc drivers xMII 11.5 comes loaded with. Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Rod Hoffman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rod - We had some initial issues too but I used the sqljdbc.jar and here are some connection settings that may help you

JDBC Driver: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Server URL: jdbc:sqlserver://<server name>:1433;databaseName=<db name>

The only thing I see missing from yours is the port specification

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Rod,

Can you please post the entire contents of the dataserver summary screen...thanks.

Typically the "No suitable driver exists" error is due to trying to connect to an unsupported DB version with the driver. For example using the MSSQL 2000 driver to connect to MSSQL 2005, be sure that you have downloaded both the MSSQL 2000 (una2000.jar) and 2005 jars and have the proper classpaths specified.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian and Sam for your prompt response. I was missing the // in front of the server name. Hard to believe that I banged my head against the wall for a good portion of my weekend for that. Of course it was coupled with a bit of uncertainty about the JDBC upload.

Thanks,

Rod Hoffman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool, good luck

Plus, Sam didn't need the points anyway.....