cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring condition in Pricing procedure to have only one active instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have been struggling with a requirement that needs several sales orders changed in the background. The pricing condition needs to be updated in the evening run. However while trying to do that with the 'BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE' and manipulation of 'CONDITIONS_INX' and 'CONDITIONS_IN', I started getting duplicates of the condition types. Researching further ... the OSS note 188972 states that "If table 'CONDITIONS_INX' is not maintained, the conditions in table 'CONDITIONS_IN' are recreated and the existing condition records of this condition type are deactivated. This is largely equivalent to a change of condition."

Here I have been playing with the 'CONDITIONS_INX' without success. It just won't "change" the condition. It alwys adds the condition.

So my questions are:

1) Is there a way to "change" the value of the condition (in my case it is a freight rate). I may be missing something (see the code in the link below)

If not ....

2) Is there a way to say "In this pricing procedure this condition should appear active only once". In effect the new added condition will be active as the note states.

Any help would be most appreciated. I have to get this project out of the way before the end of this week ...

The link of my past attempts are here: [;

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further research tells me that from 4.7 onwards there is a way to modify the condition in the sales.

There is no way to do this in the 4.6C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

didn't see your post earlier, sorry.

If you enter a second condition and want the first one to be inactive, just set the condition type up, so that the manual condition has priority. When you ass a condition through the BAPI directly, it will be treated like a manual condition.

Set "Manual Entries" (field KMANU) to 'C'.

Cheers

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

This is an update:

I could not get the BAPI to "update" the condition. So I decided to use the fact that it always added the condition.

I configured the condition type to be both positive and negative. Then instead of changing the condition I am thinking of reversing the existing condition and putting in a new condition with a value that I want.

This can go on and on. For example

ZFR9 = 2.5 / 100 Lbs --- original

Then to change it to 2.75 I actually add 2 more!

ZFR9 = -2.5/100Lbs

ZFR9 = +2.75/100lbs

So the resulting invoice carries

+2.75

the result is the new "changed" value.

Of course it messes up the output printouts. I will have to work on those to take care of this added complication in the condition table.

What do you think?

Regards

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

Any ideas?

Did anyone do this kind of thing before?

Any pointers will be most appreciated.

Regards

Raju