cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change/new/delete highlighting during import process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I intend to use SAP NW MDM to consolidate master data from external sources.

During the import process, I would like to see a highlighting of all new, of all deleted and of all changed records. The reason herefore is the following: before I actually load the imported data into my MDM repository, I want to check the data. Just in case, some corupt data was loaded.

Can I do this in the MDM Import Manager?

Best regards, Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I dont think highlighting of records can be done in import manager.But might be it can be done in data manager with the help of workflows.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

thanks for your replies. So the Import Manager seems to support highlighting of new and changed records "somehow". But I cannot see the deleted records?

Hm, how would that work out with workflows?

Cheers, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You need to select the existing records and put them under checked out state in the workflow.

If any new records are added or updated, they will be shown in the data manager in the record mode, without checked out state.

This can be a workaround.

As far as deleted records are concerned, I dont think workflows can be of any use.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

OK. If identifying "deleted" records from the source systems is not possible, I might do the following:

Whenever an imported record is new or changed, a timestamp could be set (which is most likely set already anyway). After importing the data I could run a routine which shows me all records that have not been updated. I could then delete these records or set them as "inactive".

What do you think about this workaround? Is it feasible in MDM?

Cheers, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daneil,

Whenever a new record is added or updated MDM can show the time, create and user stamps for it. You just have to create three extra field in console with data type as Createstamp,Userstamp and Timestamp and assign it to the tables.

And then whenever any changes are made it will show the stamps. Create stamp will happen only when a new record is added and it wont work if you are updating the records.

If you want to run workflows on those newly added record or on updated records you can create workflows with the trigger action as Record Add(runs whenever records are added) and Record Update(runs when records are updated). This workflow can help you keep track of records with which you can afterwards either delete or make other changes to it according to your requirement.

I hope I am able to solve your problem

Regards

Dilmit Kaur Chadha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Whenever an imported record is new or changed, a timestamp could be set (which is most likely set already anyway). After importing the data I could run a routine which shows me all records that have not been updated. I could then delete these records or set them as "inactive".

What do you think about this workaround? Is it feasible in MDM?

Yes this is feasible in MDM. Whenever one record is changed / updated by user, the record will be updated along with the timestamp.

you can view this in data manager.

if you want to select some records and mark them as inactive, you have to create a field.

hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

OK, thanks for your feedback.

Cheers, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a idea to record the status of newly imported records.

Do the followings:

1. Create two workflow for

"ADD records- trigger should be Add Records"

and "Modified records- trigger should be Modified records"

2. Create a new field "Status "in product table "Main Table"(See, this field can be a lookup field or normal, if it is lookup field then set some values like "Updated"," ADDED" or what ever you want, which can make difference between updated or added records.

3. Now, when ever you will import data, workflow will get active and change the status of the "Status field".

4. Create mask for "Updated" and "Modified" records.

5. When ever you will log next time, select mask table and then select updated or Modified.

Hope this can solve your problem.

If this help you, please give some points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasbir,

that sounds like a good idea. Thanks a lot.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I dont think highlighting of all new, of all deleted and of all changed records is possible in Import Manager.

But u can see in "Match Records" Tab how many new records are there & how many changed records are there,

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You can do this in Import Manager's "Record Matching" tab. It all depends on the field on which you are doing "Record Matching".

There is "Match Type" column which will give you an idea if the record is a new record or is an updated version.

All with "Match Type" None are new records coming into MDM and all with "Match Type" Exact are changed vesions of records in MDM.

We cant make out for deleteed records.

Regards,

Amol.