cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Server takes long time to start and Administrator user id is locked.

senthil_kumar29
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I installed 2004s version recently. My J2EE server takes very long time to start.

Is that anything I can do to make it start fast.

My admin n Administrator user is locked.

How to unlock it.

Cheers,

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

Regarding the Administrator lock, please refer to the following SAP note 669848.

Also, you could refer to the dev_server0 file and check which phase is taking longer to start. Like check time stamps for the following states in the dev_server0 file and find out which phase took the longest to start. Usually its starting applications phase.

JLaunchISetState: change state from [Initial (0)] to [Waiting for start (1)]

JLaunchISetState: change state from [Waiting for start (1)] to [Starting (2)]

JLaunchISetState: change state from [Starting (2)] to [Starting applications (10)]

JLaunchISetState: change state from [Starting applications (10)] to [Running (3)]

You could refer to server.n.log file in the cluster\server0\system directory and check for the total time in ms that every service/application took to start. That gives an idea of which application or service takes the longest time to start.

Last but not the least, you take threadudmps (atleast 5-6 with an interval of 20-25 secs in between) as per SAP note 710154 in the phase that is taking the longest to start and analyze those using Angel's Threadump Viewer as per SAP Note 1020246 to exactly find out the problemetic thread /application.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Snehal

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

You may change the Administrator password in the secure store section of the config tool.

As for starting slow - without seeing any logs, I would guess it's the server0 process that's taking forever because of excess garbage collection. Search for an SAP note, that is applicable to your platform, describing the optimal parameter settings.

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Check the std_server0.out log to see if it's doing the excessive garbage collection.