cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS and Portal Theme synchronization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am displaying some IAC iViews within my Portal 6.0 SP9 through ITS 6.20. However, the Portal Theme standars are different from the one being used by ITS to display the the IAC iView.

I have installed the component <b>designer-x.sar</b> in my ITS in order to be able to synchronize the themes. I can select the correct Portal Theme, see the changes I have made in the Portal Theme being displayed in the ITS preview and select the button to generate the ITS theme. However, when I check the iView, it is still displaying the old ITS theme.

What else needs to be done?

Thanks in advance

Fernando Urzedo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Portal themes are built on BSP .

If you want your ITS pages to be Sync with Portal , You have to develop BSP Applications .

BSP is nothing but a combination of ABAP + html + Javascript

The Theme generator in Portal deals only with the Layout(i.e Outside Iview) .

It won't change anything inside the Iview.Coz All the content for iviews are provided by the IAC's)

Hope it Helps.

Regrds,

J

Do Award points for helpful ans.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pollachi,

If what you wrote is true, why the functionality <b>ITS Theme Generator</b> exists within EP 6.0? I am trying to us it as described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/af/807f72a20d11d5b580006094b9451c/frameset.htm

Using this designer-x module, I can see the synchronization between the Portal and ITS themes in the preview panel, however it is not applied when I finish the process.

Hope you can help me more

Thanks

Fernando Urzedo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

did I understand everything right, you already generaded new styles by using the ITS Theme Generator?

If your IACs are still displayed with the wrong style it is possible that the path to the new .css files is wrong.

Did you set the ITS service parameter ~designbaseURL ?

(see note 646998)

Best regards,

Sabine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sabine.

I've got the same problem that Fernando has.

The Note you are reffering to does not say what service file you need to change.

Can you please direct me to where I need to change these parameters?

Kind Regards

Richard Traut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabine,

Thanks for the help, but I am also unable to have it working.

Any additional help is welcome

Thanks in advance

Fernando Urzedo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hej,

the internet service running as an IAC in the iView has a corresponding service file [servicename].srvc. You can place the parameter there or in case of several services in file global.srvc.

Once you changed and saved the file you should restart your ITS.

I expected ~designBaseUrl (without ~design) will work - well mybe I'm wrong.

Please give it a try be using only service parameter ~design [designname].

I assume your generated stylesheets are in a design folder named with the design name.

Now copy the folder and place it in the ITS structure under ...SAP/ITS/MIMES/DESIGNS/

Placed at this position the default path is set and ~designBaseUrl is not needed.

Good luck,

Sabine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Did you solve this issue ?

Best Regards,

Sílvio Galery