cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System status in PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know once I TECO the whole project it does imply TECO at all corresponding level i.e WBS and network.But same when I undo the project definition it implies only on project definition but not on the corresponding WBS and Networks

Regards,

Abraham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

If you have tested all scenario in this regard, I have no issues:

I couldn't test.

Have you tested, for instance, reservations for WBS element, Network reservation, Reservation for Preliminary requirements for network /WBS which will be generated as Planned Independednt requirements (PIR)s ?. I have a doubt especially with regard to the last since the reservations they create are not account assigned with no movement allowed.

I did not get the opportunity to test all of the above. Also , in the business transactions listed against status "Account Assignment Locked", I could see"material Movement", but not "material reservations". Then PIRs are reservations for which movement is not allowed. Hence I concluded that it is not material reservations per se which is forbidden, but perhaps, material movement / PR/PO etc.

Hence my views, which may not always be correct.

Regards

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abraham,

You can find out what all business transactions that are allowed under given system status as below:

Use transaction: BS23 (List of system status). this gives a list of system status. Double clisk any given status and you get a list of business transactions which are allowed - forbidden,allowed, no impact etc. Please take care to cross check that the status is for the right package.

You can see the same thing in project builder by going to edit->status->system/user status.

One additional thing: I am afraid "A/c Assignment lock" may not stop reservations. "Lock All' will obviously do this.

If this meets your requirement, please close the message.

Regards

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muraleedharan

On your reply below:

One additional thing: I am afraid "A/c Assignment lock" may not stop reservations

I've simulated this and system stops me from creating the reservation with message "FI: Postings" is not allowed.

Any reason you feel "A/c Assignment lock" will not work?

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you may be well aware, system status "TECO' is given to signify completion from a logistics perspective.

System logic is simple. A higher level object is complete only if all the subordinate lements are complete too. That is why when the higher element of project definition is given "TECO' all subordinate elements inherit it.

When it comes to resetting the TECO, same logic is followed, though the impact is opposite. That is, the fact that the superior element is not "Technically Complete" does not mean that the subordinate level element is not complete.

To illustrate further:

Let us say, a root level WBS element has two subordinate WBSE at level 2 (WBSE1 & WBSE2). Now, since all logistics operations for the project is complete, you TECO the root level WBSE. The status "TECO' is inherited by both level 2 WBSE. However, you discover that certain logistic activities are pending at root level WBSE, but WBSE1 whereas WBSE1 are complete. Now you reset the "TECO' at root level WBSE. You will agree with me that the this resetting of TECO should not be inherited by level 2 WBSE.

It is like saying, if the subordinate makes mistake, the blame goes to the boss as well. But if the boss makes mistake, it need not be inherited by the subordinate.

Hope I have made it clear.

If so, please acknowledge the same and close the message.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muraleedharan,

The ans given by you was excellent the way u had explain the scenario is also great.

Can u please explain me what cant I do if the system status is Locked.

I tried with material reservation but system is alowwing me to do the same

then what is the real influence of Lock staus

Thanks,

Regards,

Abraham

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you lock the WBS i.,e 'All' or 'Account assignment' system will stop from using this WBS as account assignment i.e., reservation in your case.

Also try considering User Status Management available in PS for controlling business transactions.

Regards

Sreenivas