cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages stuck with green flag A. Status (XI 2.0)

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are running an instance of XI 2.0 and for this interface in particular we are pulling a file off an FTP server via the file adapter and pushing it through to a remotely enabled function which creates a batch session on our SAP R/3 4.6C instance. The interface used to work but we have now changed the name of the function within R/3 then made the corresponding changes in XI. Since we've done this the messages appear to be getting caught up somewhere between XI and R/3. The XI monitor (SXMB_MONI) shows in the A. Status field a green flag. To me this would imply that it is processing on the remote end (R/3) however there has not been any batch session created. This flag remains green indefinately.

I thought it could have something to do with XI caching some old objects so I ran tx SXI_CACHE and did a complete cache refresh (F6). This did not change anything. I have cleared all messages out of the queue using tx SM58. Then after reading another post in this forum I ran tx smq1 and smq2 to clear messages out of there but there was nothing in those queues.

When I push another message through it will sit in SXMB_MONI with the A.Status field having a green flag. Then I look in tx SM58 and find that the status text field displays "Transaction executing" for a very long time. Eventually it changes to "timout during allocate of registered program / CP" but the message is not going through. The only thing that has changed has been the name of the function in R/3.

any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

Transaction SM58 shows in the column 'Target System' where the message is being sent to.

In SM59 (RFC Destinations) you can test the connection to this system.

If this connection test gives errors, then you should look into the cause of this problem.

What's the name of the RFC destination??

Regards,

Mark

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

under the 'Target System' column in transaction SM58 it says "AI_RFCADAPTER_JCOSERVER". When I test it out it seems to work fine ... no errors.

When I looked at the trace labeled "Adapter_rfc.log" within the adapter engine it lists the following error.

>>RfcAdapter> Tue Oct 11 07:46:12 CDT 2005>>

> cannot load function template for Z_XI_INTERFACE_TEST1

> exception occurred, detail:

> com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: CPIC-CALL: 'C

> MRCV'

I'm not sure why we get this error. The function template Z_XI_INTERFACE_TEST1 does exist and we were using it before. If I run the interface again this error will no longer appear. It almost seems like it will display only once a day.

any other thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

It seems your message is getting stuck in queue.Check transaction SMQ1.Is there any queue present.Delete the queue and process you message again.

Thanks.

Rekha.

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

I guess I wasn't too clear when I wrote that there were no messages when I looked in thx SMQ1 and SMQ2. It should have read "no queues" ... not messages.

Any other thoughts