cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Space

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have installed a XI server and for the database used the C drive....

The total size of this drive is 20Gb out of which 12.5GB is being utilized by the Databse

I have already installed a server before and it used up space way below this ....

Can anyone give me pointers as to how can i delete the log files in the database

I cant add additional memory... the only difference in my previous and present installation is tht the previous one was in SR1 and the present one is SR2

The installation evry thng is done and the server is up and running its tht the free space in the C drvice is 0 bytes, because of this i have a lot of problem in doing anythng....

Rgds

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks for ure inputs

Rgds

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Your first and most important step to control growing database should be to implement archiving mechanism in XI. I don't know whether you have already implemented this or not.

Please use this document for the same.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/u

uid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a236f50

Major source of database space consumption is XI Message not XI logs.

Ranjeet Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Assuming your XI is sandbox, you can switch off the archive log and remove existing archive log to increase the space in your C: drive.

-Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was pretty poor planning, if I must say!

You should assume that a standard DB installation will take up at least 15gb and this will obviously grow as data is passed through.

I would recommend you have at least 80gb partition for the Database, and 15gb for the binaries - as a bare minimum. Keep these partitions seperate from the operating system partition!

For better, more accurate sizing, use the SAP Sizing guide: http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000637059&;