Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i register R/3 system to a SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

How do i register R/3 system to a SLD of XI (as a Technical System),

and if i have two clients in that R/3, and i need to use both of them (as separate Business System), do i need to register it for the two clients separately,

and while registering, how do i name that technical system in that SLD

Pls Help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through below link for registering the R/3 system

Registering a new technical system in SLD - ABAP based

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/10/registering-a-new-technical-system-in-sld--abap-based

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi forum,

when I create TS, i use the transaction RZ70, but how will i give a name for the TS, or is it taken care by the program itself,

Actually my problem precisely is,

I have a TS for R/3, registered in SLD with a certain name say RQ and clients 100, 200, 300,

now in that R/3, we have created a new client 400, so now i need to register that client (i.e., 200) also,

so, i m confused, if i use RZ70, from the client 400, will it go and sit in the TS earlier made as RQ and clients 100, 200, 300,

pls help

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would run RZ70 to update technical information about your r/3 system in SLD, then I would check in SLD if new client appears. There you can supply Logical System Name.

You can also look at RZ70 documentation here: [link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/EN/11/0dfe55e0c8fc4e910706a47ca6859b/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

A small doubt,

How would i name the Technical system (in the SLD), while using RZ70,

Former Member
0 Kudos

This depends on you naming convention.

We use

SAP_ECC_DEV_CLNT_100

SAP_CRM_DEV_CLNT_120

SAP_ECC_QAS_CLNT_100

etc...

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a TS for R/3, registered in SLD with a certain name say RQ and clients 100, 200, 300,

now in that R/3, we have created a new client 400, so now i need to register that client (i.e., 200) also,

As I understood from your previous post, you have already TS registered in SLD, so you already have assigned technical system name.

Transaction RZ70 is used to update information of your technical system.

Regards,

Jakub

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the below blogs.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e76e511-0d01-0010-5c9d-9f768d644808]

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1372] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Vishnu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To register the R/3 system in SLD first u have to create Technical system there is no need for software component and product created for r/3 systems.

got to technical systems and give all details like.Host name

system name,installation number etc and u can add two clients in one technical system.

for creating business system u have to create two business systems.for each client u have to create new business system.

Regards,

Phani

Reward points if Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should create technical system for this.

Please refer the links I have provided in my above post.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Well, just create technical system and then business system. Provide proper information and that's it.

Yes, you need to create 2 different systems for both clients.

You can name systems as you want, but most of XI people use systems name like <SID>CLNT<client_number>

Peter

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the following tcode: RZ70 to transfer system data to SLD.

Regards,

Jakub