cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License key installation - "Error from database layer"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have installed WAS 6.40 on my laptop but am having problems installing the new license. When I enter everything in SLICENSE I get the error message above (Error from database layer).

I was getting errors in SICK but from other posts in the forum I have managed to resolve those now.

I am logged into Windows NT as nspadm and I tried both users (DDIC and BCUSER in SAP).

When I try this from the command prompt using saplicense.exe I am prompted to enter all the values and I do this. When I get to the last stage (entering the license key) I get the following error message after pressing enter:

• SAPLICENSE <Release 640) ERROR ***

ERROR: Cannot insert license into database

DETAILS: DbSlModify<DBSL_INSERT> failed with return code 99

System error: BD Index not accessible

I don't know if this is a related problem but in the SAPMMC syslog one error always appears when I start up the server - "SAP Basis System: In table TCPDB, there are 0 entries".

All advice much appreciated. Also - once I have succeeded with the license, from where do I get a developers key?

Many thanks,

Gavin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gavin,

have you tried the SDN Forum Search by "Error AND database AND layer" ? I've found this Thread which is marked as a solution: .

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for your reply. I had checked the thread which you suggested and thought the error was slightly different. (The long error message from the DOS prompt has different text and return code). I could try reinstalling the DB which seemed to work for some people although for Raja in the thread it took 4 tries before it worked! Any other ideas please?

Does anyone have any idea about the error in the MMC regarding table TCPDB that has no entries please?

Many thanks,

Gavin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gravin i too got the same error if u got the solution then please let me know

waiting for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gavin,

Can you check whether tables TAORA and IAORA are exists into your system or not ?

Also, Leave the System Number field blank while installing neew license.

Cheers,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the reply, I had a look and both those tables are present and have 20 entries in them. Do you think it's something to do with the table TCMDB having no entries? I can try uninstalling the DB and reinstalling again.

Any other ideas are most welcome!

Thanks,

Gavin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant table TCPDB has no entries - sorry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the DB 3 times now and I still have an identical error. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks,

Gavin

From SLICENSE I get the error above "Error from database layer"

and from the command prompt, using saplicense -install I get this error message:

• SAPLICENSE <Release 640> ERROR ***

ERROR: Cannot insert license into database

DETAILS: DbSlModify<DBSL_INSERT> failed with return code 99

System error: BD index not accessible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are not alone Gavin.

I have the same error in syslog and with licens installing. I also reinstall the database instance, but nothing changed. Any help is welcome.

Best regards,

Patrick