cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

applying license

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I applied the permenent license.in current settings its shows license expires on 31.12.9999.

but in installed liceneses its shows in red state in validity col 16.08.2007 is there.its any problem for that in future.

Thanku

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you done any refresh or change hardware config?

Just check hardware key for the entry which is showing 31.12.9999.

-Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have problem with enterprise portal. Our temp license has been expired. EP cannot start now. I have already applied for the perm license and received the same from SAP. What tool can we use to apply the license. Cannot use visual admin since sap is down. Kindly advice.

Regards

Sachin

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> We have problem with enterprise portal. Our temp license has been expired. EP cannot start now. I have already applied for the perm license and received the same from SAP. What tool can we use to apply the license. Cannot use visual admin since sap is down. Kindly advice.

>

> Regards

> Sachin

Hi Sachin,

your server starts anyways as you should already know, because for the license you had to deliver some machine specific values to SAP, that only can be retrieved with a running server. If you did not do it that way, your license won't run.

The process is described in the installation guide, available from service marketplace.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

You need to use Visual admin to apply the license.

Just restart the SAP system and for thirty minutes from start your j2ee will be up and running and you can access visual admin.This is the provision SAP has given so during this time you can apply your license.Once the license is applied j2ee continues to run.

Hope this clarifies your question.

Thanks and Regards,

-Bijesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also facing the same issue with EP license for a new install the visual administrator is not able to connect at 99%. how did you resolve this issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I applied permenant license.i went to slicensenew licensesinstall--gave the path of note pad.

after that i went to slicensenewlicenseshere it showing green valid from 25.09.2008 to 31.12.9999.

but in system status it showing 25.0.9.2008 only.guide me for the same.

Thanku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Guide me for same.

Thanku.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I applied permenant license.i went to slicensenew licensesinstall--gave the path of note pad.

after that i went to slicensenewlicenseshere it showing green valid from 15.09.2008 to 31.12.9999.

but in system status and also in slicense on license expiry column it showing 15.0.9.2008 only.guide me for the same

Thanku

shabeer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any old license in your system?? go to> slicense> new license.. see here do u find any license?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kumarraju

if the system shows in the settings that the license expires on 31.12.9999, your system is OK.

The expired license that you looks in the SLICENSE transaction is the temporal license (this license expire in 30 days).

You could find more information in the note 94998

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/94998

Please, reward points if this helps!!!

Regards

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this depends what you mean with "current settings" and "in installed license".

It could be that you have the install license still in there, which would then have expired already. If the server still runs, obviously it's not running on this license (otherwise it would shut down after half an hour automatically.)

Regards,

Benny