Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

order related billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How I configure order related billing?

I have a scenario:... I have a sales order. For tht sales order invoice will be created today and delivery will be created after 7days..

So I will configure this?

Points will be rewarded for helpful answer.

Regards

Ashis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashis,

Please follow below steps for your query:

1. You will have to set two different billing types {one type for order related billing & one for delivery related billing} in sales document type configuration .

2. The set up the relevant item category determination as per this sales document type, so that the proper item category will be picked up in the sales order level.

3. Then set up the copy control fro the sales document type-billing document type at Header as well as Item level.

I hope this will work out for your query.

Reward points if you are satisfied.

Regards,

Hrishi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Order related billing (document type F1) is used when you want to delink you billing process from delivery and hence issue of Goods to customer.

In order related billing, there is no pre-condition other than completion of sales order.

Normally order related billing is used only for service related orders / 3 rd party processing etc.

Since you have mentioned about delivery document, possibly, delivery related billing may be more suitable for your business scenario. If you need to present advance bills to customer, you could make use of order-related proforma invoice.

Muraleedharan.R

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general this is not recommonded.

But you can use proforma invoice (std F5) w.r.t order type, and then del and billing

regards

chidambaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i assume that only one invoice is created i.e after sales order has been created. In vov7 for the item cat---billng relevance maintain order related billing. In vovg against the order type mention the order related billing type. Maintain the copy controls. Mention the delivery type in vov8 and define the copy controls from sales order to delivery.

Regards,

Saurabh