cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message as TEXT is Formatted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Issue is regarding the Text determination.

As I have created a text id, at sales document header level, assigned to procedure n access sequence too.

while creating the sales order, while entering a particular text, the text field is grayed out and message pops up as TEXT IS FORMATTED -> DETAILS. Aa I am unable to enter the text for this particualr ID.

I/p will be of great help n rewarded too.

With Regards,

Vijayashree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayashree,

1.Once again go through the steps involved in text determination in IMG, then you check Text procedure assignment to your document type.

2.Check the text ids are available in your text procedure or not

3.Check are you entering text at Sales order at what level ?header level or item level, you need to enter at header level only because you done text determination at header level.

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

Thank you for the quick response, all the setting in VOTXN have been worked upon but still the status is the same, i.e., the text field is grayed the moment u click on the text id at sales order header level.

This is for the 1st time I have come across this issue.

i/p's will be of great help n rewarded too.

With regards,

Vijayashree

Former Member

Hi

That should not be the problem for u for entering the text, u can still enter the text by clicking on detail icon or double-clicking(not double clicking on text id but on free space where u enter text for text id) to go to the text editor.

but reason why u cannot straight away enter text on that screen it self is .....go to tocde SE75..select first radio button and click on display.........scroll down for object VBBK...double click on VBBK...in new screen u can see that for ur text id, some format is assigned (third column)..

i guess u should not be bothered by this, but incase u r..u remove that format by going in change mode if u have autharization

Regards

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jagadish,

Thank you for the valuable i/p.

Issue is solved by TC: SE75 (changed the format which was already defined)

NOTE: As u have mentioned to double click where we enter text but again msg pops up as "TEXT: INTERNAL ERROR".

So tried with the 2nd i/p SE75, now the issue is solve.

Thank you once again.

With regards,

Vijayashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

If ur issue is resolved becoz my solution(only if becoz of my solution) then dear u need to reward, .......and if it has really been resolved becoz of my solution then its really bad that i have to remind......this has become a bit of common practice in this forum which has limited my post.........anyway now pls after reading this do not reward

Note: Above comment is applicable only if issue is resolved bcoz of my solution.otherwise my appologise

Other experts pls excuse me for harsh comment

Regards

Jagdish

Edited by: jagdish parihar on Jan 28, 2008 6:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijayashree,

Pls unwind your IMG setting for text at header level.

try entering the text manually.I think it should work

Thanking you,

Best regards,

R.Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

Thank you for u r quick response, but i couldn't get what u have mentioned ie., regd unwinding the text id in header level customizing.

Could u please explain further how to resolve this issue.

With regards,

Vijayashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijayashree,

Please keep the Img settings to its original settings.(This is what i meant by unwinding).Can you plaese try this and revert back.

Thanking you,

Best reagrds,

R.Srinivasan