cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Transactions are executing in System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

SAP system giving dumps while executing any transactions.

The dump is like SNAP_NO_NEW_ENTRY

The Transaction log space is fully utilized as indicated in DB02 (Recovery:FULL)

It is not allowing us to Back up the transaction log or even enter into any transaction.

An urgent solution please asap.

Thanks & Regards,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer

You probably have already checked, but have you made sure the SAP_REORG_ABAPDUMPS (program "RSSNAPDL") background job is running?

I've had a similar problem and found that it was that job. I just ran the program through se38 and restarted the job.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

How about a free disk space on disk where transact. log is situated ?

Maybe there is no disk space to extend transac. log.

If you want to clean trans. log follow the procedure :

Run the following Transact-SQL statements in Query analyzer:

1. Clear log file :

BACKUP LOG DatabaseName WITH NO_LOG

2. Shrink the transaction log file.

DBCC SHRINKFILE (<FileName>, <TargetSize>) WITH NO_INFOMSGS

3. If the DBCC SHRINKFILE statement does not shrink the transaction log file to the target size, run the BACKUP LOG statement that is mentioned in step 1 to make more of the virtual log files inactive

4. Run the DBCC SHRINKFILE statement that is mentioned in step 2. After this operation, the transaction log

Another option : create additional transactional log file .

regards,

Wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojtek,

Is it possible to do the workaround through GUI. We have very limited access to DB here.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, how you can use GUI if you are not able to start any transaction ?

Please first contact your database administrator to find out if the log disk is full ....

You can use DB13 tfor backup tasks (including log cleaning) if you can start this transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojtek,

The thing is the dump sometimes comes & doesn't allow me to go in any transaction...But sometime I can access transactions...The behaviour is very vague.

So was asking you, can I do the workaround at the GUI level?

Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use DB13 tfor backup tasks (including log cleaning) if you can start this transaction.

Additionally follow SAP note:17537 - ABAP/4 runtime error SNAP_NO_NEW_ENTRY

Note solution:

-

Solution

When the SNAP Table is full: Reorganize the table e.g. via Transaction ST22->Go to->Reorganize. Please also refer to Note 16083. This may lead to other errors of this kind since not all dumps e.g. from SM21 can be displayed.

In case of database problems, the errors should no longer occur with new short dumps after correcting the database error. Here, other errors of this kind may occur in SM21 as well.

-

t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojtek,

I have read the note earlier...but didn't work.

How can we switch to Recovery mode Simple from Recovery mode Full through SAP GUI? Or how do we truncate or increase the Transactional Log through SAP GUI?

This will I guess solve the problem.

Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Gui does not allow you to perform such operations.

Only Ms SQL Eterprice Manager / Query Analyzer allows this....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what you might want to try:

ST04 -> Detail analysis menue -> DB utilities -> stored procedure

An editor will show up where you can type in your BACKUP LOG statement or whatever you want to do. This could be a workaround if you don't have access via Management Studio.

Regards,

Sven