cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Adapter - Multiple mail ID and multiple mail servers config.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am doing BPM synch scenario in which i get the response from SAP box and send the response via email adapter. I am using mail.xsd and doing mail config. in message mapping. However in the TO field i am able to give only one email ID. If i give multiple email ID's mail is not received. I tried comma and semi-colon as separator. Still not working? I have two questions in configuring TO option:

1) How to send to multiple id's? I am using Lotus Notes.

2)How to send to multiple mail servers? I have to send to Lotus Notes id's and outlook express id's also simultaneously.

Thanks for your help in advance

Warm Regards

Samuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As stefan suggested ; worked. For some reasons it was not working when i tried earlier. Anyway thanks for all the replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just came by this post while having the same issue; final semicolon should be avoided and it works.

For example;

False: a_acompany.com;b_bcompany.com;

True: a_acompany.com;b_bcompany.com

I can't use the "at" sign as SDN won't allow, please replace the underscores.

Regards,

Gökhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find here with some observations about it,

1) How to send to multiple id's? I am using Lotus Notes.

If you have specified an IMAP server under URL, the message is saved in the specified folder but is not sent to the receiver specified under To.

Then even if Under To, you had specified the e-mail address that will receive the message would be separated with a semicolon. It will not work.

Please verify about it .

The below link will also help you to verify if there is anything missing

Mail Adapter (XI) - how to implement dynamic mail address

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

BPM:Single Sender and Multiple Receivers based on synchronous

exchange(switch) part-1

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/03/10/bpmsingle-sender-and-multiple-receivers-based-on-synchronous-exchangeswitch-part-1

Generic Message Interface in SAP Exchange Infrastructure Email Integration Scenarios

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00d5a235-4803-2a10-f682-889d67c6...

(If your using Alert Framework then)

If you want to send it to multiple email addresses and all email addresses are user of XI then you can define "Role" and attach that role to everyuser and make this role as receipent of alert .

Thanks

Swarup

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Swarup.

Actually i followed only Michal's blog to do the config. In that eg. Michal uses just one email ID in TO. But in my scenario i have to use mulitple email ID's. Also there are more than one mail servers involved in the receiving end.(Lotus notes, Outlook). How to include multiple id's in "TO" is my question??

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can seperate different email address by ;

You should type an email address instead of an Lotus ID.

receiver1@server1;receiver2@server2

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

Thanks for your kind reply. I already tried using semicolon. I am only using name@company.com;name@company.com. After seeing your response once again i tried.But still i am unable to get any result. However if i just use name@company.com, that is just only one mail id i am able to get mail. I am trying last 2 days with different options. Nothing is working out. Anyone else who faced this problem can also reply to this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Samuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Have you specified the URL as SMTP or IMAP?

if its IMAP then mail is delivered to the folder not the receiver mentioned in To

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir

Thanks for your reply.

I am using only SMTP in URL. The below mentioned are the parameters i am using in mail config.:

URL: smtp://smtp.company.com

Transport protocol: SMTP

Message protocol: XI PAYLOAD

Use Mail Package -- Checked

As i already mentioned above in my post, i am using mail.xsd as my messge type in message mapping and configuring the TO address part from Message mapping. If i use only one mail ID for the TO part, i am getting mails. However if i use more than one separated by either comma or semicolon, both ways i am not receiving mail. Anyone encountered this before, please help me. It is very urgent.

Appreciate your help a lot.

Thanks

Samuel