cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we assign multiple HU numbers to One Transfer order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we assign multiple HU numbers to One Transfer order. Our business process requires to have TO qty 100 and assigned 3 HU numbers to the same TO. say like hu1-40 qty, HU2-40 qty, hu3 - 20 qty all in one TO. because we need multiple lables for one TO qty. We should not devide the TO with multiple line items if so we need to confirm that may times. We are not using the SUM in our warehouse. Can any body suggest solution for our requirement.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i understood from you, the Pallet Qty. is 40, you will have 2 Pallets and 1 Partial pallet.

2 Pallet Qty - 80

1 Partial Pallet - 20

In Material Master, put the LE quantity as 40, then you will get as above.

While printing the labels also you will get 3 labels, You can have one single line item and you can confirm the whole TO at a stretch.

I hopt it helps you.

Let me know if you have any issue.

Aktar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aktar,

Thanks for the answers.

What you said is right for for the inbound process. We are not using the SUM in our WM.. but we are packing ( HU ) for the the deliveries.

For Case picks we don't pack and for less than case picks we pack. so in this way there are several materials have the same package material that can be packed. if so i get one HU for that but that materials are different and have different TO's .

Let it put like this

We need to assign one HU to multiple TO's

and One TO with multiple HU's.

Can this assignment can be done in WM.

Right now i suggested that do that packing in delivery and so that TO's. so no link between.

but our business requires to scan first the HU lable and can get the TO information and they pick.

Please let me know if you need more information of our process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming you want the packing to happen automatically, you will need to set up packing instructions. There are two portions - the first is the selection of the packing instruction. The master data is set up with transaction POF1 - determination type = SHIP. If you don't like the selection criteria that comes standard - you can change it in configuration - it's found in the IMG under the handling unit section within Logistics. It uses basic condition technique. This piece only gets you to the selection of the packing instruction - which is created with transaction POP1. Depending on how many pallet configurations you have - it can get master data intensive. One redeeming factor is that you can perform selection of the instructions based on the reference materal for packing (basic data view of material master - you may have to check a box in the reference material config of material master fields in order for the field to show up). You will need to create a key (condition table) for the instruction search with the reference material as part of the selection. Once that is done, you can create a material called PALLET40 (for instance) and assign that material as the reference material for packing on all materials that are packed 40 to a pallet. Then create a packing instruction for material PALLET40 that has the PALLET as the highest level, and PALLET40 as a reference material with a quantity of 40.

To get this to work you will also have to set the automatic packing flag for your deliery types and you will have to go into a secion of config that is also under the HU section that is called Maintain Parameters for Packing Instruction Profile. Choose the outbound delivery profile (0002) and click the button for start automatically.

Finally, I am hoping that you are either not batch managed - or you are able to assign batches at time of delivery create - because packing cannot occur until the batches are assigned. If you assign them in the TO - then you will still have to go into the delivery packing and select the option for automatic packing.

If anyone knows a solution to this last issue - please let me know.