cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost relevancy indicator for Material

Former Member

Dear PS colleagues,

Refer to the subject, when we assign a material to activity then sometimes cost relevancy indicator (on General Data tab for material) is ticked & sometimes not, can you guide me how it is controlled.It seems that it may me controlled from material master but not sure.Pl suggest...

Regards,

Ashok Sangal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

This is further to my posting earlier in the day:

Regarding cost relevancy indicator following additional information provided in SAP Note:677169 may be relevant to your posting:

Quote from note:677169:

"However for some components this indicator is not set by default or can not be set at all. This might have several reasons:

o component is stored in unvaluated project stock.

o network is used for planning (see order type [OPSC]/ indicator

'Planning').

o third-party requirement to project stock is used (note 506651).

o preliminary procurement and valuated single stock is used.

o component is a preliminary requirement.

o component is bulk material (e. g. note 496647), text items or part provided.

Hope this further clarifies the issue.

Muraleedharan.R

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi Muraleedharan,

Thanks for your detailed reply....I got the answer, but at the same time one more query came to my mind, which I will be raising seperately.

Again, I appreciate your efforts for replying in detail...really your contribution to PS forum is commendable...keep it up...

THANKS

AS

Former Member

Hi,

All materials which are account assigned to network/ activity, or WBS element are defaulted with cost-relevancy indicator, though this can subsequently be changed manually. This defaulting is hard-coded (as far as I know) and is dependent on the procurement type . For instance, if you attach a stock (cat:L)material component with collective requirement indicator in MRP4 to a network activity and if you opt for procurement type "Planned Indpendent requirement", you will find that 'Cost Relevancy" indicator is not defauluted. For the same material component with the setting material master settings, if you opt for procurement type "Reservation to Network", the cost relevancy indicator gets defaulted.

Obviously, text type materials etc. will not have any cost relevancy.

Hence, we can conclude that materials which are account assigned (i.e which are relevant for adding cost to proejct objects) will be defaulted with "Cost relevancy" indicator.

If you use BOM transfer functionality, you can define the cost relevancy in the "Profile for BOM transfer"

Hope the information provided is useful and relevant.

Regards

Muraleedharan.R