cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository loading

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I do try to load a repository, and I am getthing the error that I can't load the repository because the port used is already in use. As per I am not using any specific port.

help me out to know the reason.

Thanks

-KT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heii,

As per You are not using the specific port but But some other operation on that MDM server may be using that port. By using console you can't find it out, it will just show the message "The Port is already in use".

it's better to go for other port.

Rgds

Deepak

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karan,

Just Unmount your repository from Server and mount it again on a different server port.

error is coming bcoz any other repo is already mounted on that port or server is doing some other task to that port.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Every repository requires a Port to be mounted and used. And on a server, no 2 repositories can be loaded on a same port number.

Hence if you are getting the error, you can check through the console by checking all the loaded repositories and their corresponding Port numbers. One of the repositories ( other than yours) will be using that port.

You will have to change the port number for repository by changing in its properties in Console.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

This is because you have created more than one repository.

You go to SAP MDM console & select ports in Admin,on the right hand side you will find the port value.

Then you unmount the repository by right clicking on the server,once again mount the repository in the same manner.

Now chwnge the port No.

Reward points if useful.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

In your case there is no need to worry, you can simply change your port nos, it happens that if you have created multiple repositories than they might have the same port nos.

click on the server and you will get the list of repositories on your right hand side, click on any repository and below you will get the repository details just change the port nos.

Hope this helps you ...........

Reward points if found helpful.............

Prasad....