cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigned Values For Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a project and have attached a material component with a unit price of 850/-.I have assigned and released a budget of 20000/-.When am creating a PR for 20 pcs. the assigned values fied in the transaction CJ32 shows an amount of 17000/-, which is correct.But when am trying to create a PO with reference to the PR system is showing an error as budget exceeded even though i have got 20000/- in my budget.

Now, when i create a PO for a much lesser amount and save it this amount gets added to the amount in the assigned values field in transaction cj32.Is this a standard functionality of the system or is there an error in the operation.

My main concern is that when i have got an available budget of 20000/- system should allow me to create a PO for an amount of 15000/- without giving an error message as "Budget Exceeded".

Please suggest if theres any setting that has to be done to avoid this.

Points will be rewarded.........

Thanks & Best Regards,

Gokul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokulkrishnan,

Has your problem been solved ?

If not, execute report:RKANBU01 using SE38. This report can be run in production without any problem. For details you can refer SAP Note:534993

Please try out and give feed back.

Right feedback at the right time will help everybody participating in this forum.

Muraleedharan.R

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gokul,

My name is Catalina Cañòn and actually I am in a customer were we have the same problem that you report on DeC 13 2007 in the Sap Comunity network The only different is that we have implemted internal orders and not projects as you implemented.

The problem is not a case for Tolerance Limits defined in SPRO, because this customazing is OK and also it is not a problem of reconstruct availability control. I also check the report RKANBU01 and this one did not give me any aditional information

All the differente choises that in the message the other consultant gave to you I have already check and as you these are not the reason of the problem that I face. Do you know what can I do? Please help me, We are tie in time for the go live , and actually we have a note OSS by the status very hight but I have checked everything and I do no find any solution, please help us!!!!!!!

We apply the note 879588, 898085 and 909147 and we test again and we stitl have the problem

Please if anyone have anyidea about this topic help us !!!!

Best Regards

--

Maria Catalina Canon Tamayo

Co Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gokul,

If you are creating the PO with reference to the PR, the system should reduce the PR commitment and raise the PO commitment and not add both...all this regardless of your settings in the profile as others suggested.

So this seems to me like an error. Can you ensure note 879588 is applied in your system?

Thanks

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

As per your query it seems that the PR commitments & PO commitments are added hence , it is failing short of Budget in Avaibility control.

However, you can make the PR commitments as "soft" so that it will allow you to post with any amount in the PR and issue a warning.

The following link gives you the details for this issue.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/fa/551c0869b511d295a70000e835339d/content.htm

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If system is throwing an error that means Availability Control is active.

Simple definition of assigned values:

Assigned values are Actual costs of WBS element carrying budget, Commitments (i.e.,PR/PO's) of WBS element carrying budget. Refer below link for complete definition of assigned values

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/6e/ee7d385deb730ee10000009b38f842/content.htm

Problem in your case seems to be with Tolerance Limits defined in SPRO (Project System>Costs>Budget>Define Tolerance Limits)

Check/set 'usage' (i.e, %) Tolerance for the budget profile you are using. Mention the transaction group as 01-Purchase Order,usage or Abs. variance appropriately.

Regards

Sreenivas

Pls close the post if satisfied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sreenivas,

As you have explained i have done all the settings beforehand but still am not able to sort the issue out.Lemme xplain,

I have assigned and released a budget of 3000/- .Now i wanna raise a PO for an amount of 2000/-.System is not allowing me to make this PO.Its showing an error as budget exceeded by 1000/-.

How can this be possible if i have sufficient budget for that WBS?

Can it happen that the PR commitment and the PO commitment are gettin added and coz of this am not able to make the PO?I had referred a note posted by MR.Muraleedharan (Note No. - 955107).Is this the same problem am facing?Pls help me out in figuring this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Can you send screen shot of your customising setting of Tolerance Limits? I want to have a look at it and then I will try to sugest you a way out.

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want the availability control to work with Released budgets, you should have done Original Budgeting using T code CJ30 and then released the budget using T code CJ32. If you have done any changes to the budget profile (SPRO) you need to reconstruct the availability control, for this use T code CJBN,mention the project and the budget profile.

Did you exactly assign and release a budget of 3000/- on the WBS against which you are creating the PO?

Best guess about the problem seems to be with the Tolerance limit. In test system if you find an entry in this node using your budget profile and transaction group (01 or ++) change the usage to 100% and try simulating PO creation process after Reconstruct Availability Control using T code CJBN.

If you don't want the availability control, mention the Activation Type as '0' in the budget profile.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check whether you have ticked the Release box in Budget Profile. If not, tick it and reconstruct availability control.

Regards